Community_discussions_small  

Question

The Big Indochina Adventure November 27!!

1 Mar 2011 Karina asked

Karina

Hey :) just looking out for anyone that will be joining me on this tour at the end of the year.

-Karina-

• 29 Mar 2011 Hannah said

Default_avatar

Hi Karina
    I have just been to the travel agent today and paid my deposit for this tour. Can’t wait the 27th of November seems such a long way away.

• 29 Mar 2011 AshleyJayne said

AshleyJayne

I’m not on this tour, but I booked my May 1st Big Indochina Tour aaaall the way back in October! I’m so excited that it’s coming up soon! If you have any questions for me when I get back (May 26th) just send me a message.
    :)

• 9 Apr 2011 Julia said

Julia

Hey hey Karina!
    My boyfriend and I are going on this tour on the 27th. We are so excited!!!

• 11 Aug 2011 Jenna said

Jenna

hey im considering going on this tour. last minute i no lol

• 28 Aug 2011 Shauna said

Shauna

hey everyone, I just booked this tour the other day :)
    It’s my first time travelling alone and I will be in Bangkok for two days prior to departure.I’m excited but scared!
    When is everyone else getting there and where are you staying?

• 28 Aug 2011 Hannah said

Default_avatar

hey Shauna
    I’m arriving on the Thursday night beforehand and staying in the hotel the tour leaves from. Can’t wait!

• 30 Aug 2011 Coffs said

Coffs

Hey team, Hannah just informed me in another discussion that the Asian Adventure and Big Indochina tours are combined.

I’m doing the 27 November Asian Adventure so looking forward to meeting you all. I’ll be in the region winging it for a week or so before we start so might look to get to the hotel early if others are thinking the same?

• 2 Sep 2011 Chloe said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone! I’m also on this tour. I’m getting excited, not long to go now!
    Chloe

• 2 Sep 2011 Shauna said

Shauna

Im excited too it is actually pretty close!
    I’m staying at the Indra regent hotel in Bangkok for two nights. It would be good to meet up with other people on the tour and do a bit of shopping/exploring before the tour starts.

• 2 Sep 2011 Coffs said

Coffs

I could be keen for that Shauna, I’m spending time with my sister before hand so I’ll try and confirm things ASAP.

• 5 Oct 2011 Coffs said

Coffs
  • 30 Oct 2011 Hannah said

Default_avatar

Hey all
    Not long to go now. I’m arriving in Bangkok on the 24th and am staying at the Viengtai. I’m doing a tiger tour on Saturday but would definitely be keen to catch up with people and doing some sightseeing/shopping. Let me know if you’re up for it.

• 31 Oct 2011 Morgs said

Morgs

Well troops…it’s all happening! So pumped!
    I arrive in Bangkok the morning before our tour (I’ll stay at the Viengtai that night; same hotel) and will be in Singapore for a few nights first (thankfully not flying Qantas). Any recommendations re accommodation in Singapore?
    I am currently just ‘winging’ it for this trip, still got 3 weeks to truly be organized. Plenty of time!

One very excited Aussie girl
    M x

• 31 Oct 2011 Explorer1312537 said

Default_avatar

I like to take an adventure to traveled alone. I used to travel alone to the world. It was great.
    DermaPure

• 3 Nov 2011 Rachelle said

Rachelle

All booked and getting excited!! I am sure you all have heard about the monsoon and flooding in Bankok… Does anyone know what is going to happen if we can’t land because the airport is underwater?? Will we just land somewhere else or does the tour get rebooked??? I am arriving on the 26 and staying at the Viegtai as well…Should be a trip/tour to remember:)

• 3 Nov 2011 Coffs said

Coffs

It looks like I’m heading over to Singapore from Christchurch on the 19th, staying there for three nights then heading to Phuket for two or three and arriving in Bangkok on the 25th or the 26th (maybe even 24th). I’m just going to wing it on the Bangkok accomodation front, I’m assuming the floods would be keeping a lot of the tourists away – hopefully not us though.

For those arriving in advance should we maybe organise something to do on the 26th / morning of the 27th??

• 8 Nov 2011 Hannah said

Default_avatar

Hey Coffs
    I’m arriving in Bangkok on the 24th and would definitely be keen to meet up on the the 27th. I’m staying at the Viengtai before the tour.
    Hannah

• 8 Nov 2011 Morgs said

Morgs

I have finally written a list of ‘things to do’ before leaving. One includes visa….i’ve just applied for the Vietnam “visa on arrival” care of ‘myvietnamvisa.com’ – what are others doing? Others are forms on arrival. Agreed?
    http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g293921-c148049/Vietnam:Faq.Visa.On.Arrival.Voa..html

I’ll see you all before you know it. Need to get through exams first. Grrr.
    M x

• 15 Nov 2011 Rachelle said

Rachelle

Hey guys
    I will be arriving in Bangkok early on the the 26 and staying at the Viengtai. I would love to meet up with some people and possibly do some shopping or have a drink(or a few).. I am coming from Vancouver British Columbia which is a long haul, but I am soooo excited? Who’s down?? Any one made any meeting arrangements?

Rachelle

• 15 Nov 2011 Hannah said

Default_avatar

Hey Rachelle

I’m staying at the Viengtai as well from the evening of the 24th. I’m booked on a tour on the 26th during the day but would be keen to meet up for a drink(s) on Sat night and/ shopping etc on Sunday.

Hannah

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion