Community_discussions_small  

Question

packing advice for la to the bay tour in summer.

3 Mar 2011 Jd asked

Jd

hi everyone
the heading says we are going in summer but we hace decided to go earlier and i cant for some reason change the heading but we are now heading over in late october so i think that will be autum we will still be doing the la to the bay tour. Could anyone give me some tips on what to take and what i dont really need while im on this tour. any advice would be great!! thanks in advance :)

• 13 Mar 2011 kirstenalexis said

kirstenalexis

hey!!
    im kirsten, lived in California my whole life! so glad youll be visiting!! which month will you be coming in? I would bring beach wear mainly, but sometimes in LA near the beach we get JUNE GLOOM so its pretty foggy until mid afternoon, but usually very warm.
    I’d def bring some nice clothes if you plan to go out to the clubs or nightlife, and clothes for warm weather for the daytime
    Are you just in CA? cuz if you head to the desert its gonna be HOT!!!!

• 14 Mar 2011 Jd said

Jd

hi there kristen!!! thanks for replying :) we were planning on coming over late june but we have decided to head over at the beggining of october :) we will be going to new york for 6 nights first than back over to la for 6 nights than doing the contiki tour la to the bay for the next 11 days :) that will be from the 26th of october to the 5th of november.. check out where we will be heading its on this site :) its called la to the bay :) we will be in vegas for halloween is that a good thing :) lol hope to hear back from you!!!

• 14 Mar 2011 kirstenalexis said

kirstenalexis

no worries!! im always glad to help ppl coming to see the states!! that trip sounds fun!! east coast can have kinda weird weather in the fall, so prepare for it to be kinda cold esp at night, but its def fun!!
    and LA will be amazing weather!!
    VEGAS is always fun, havent been yet on halloween, but ive been on spring break, winter break, superbowl, and its always a blast!! make sure to check out the new hotel, Aria, and pool parties at Palms, MGM, Ceaser’s, and TAO beach at the Venetian!
    Make sure to check out the pool and flamingos that chill with you at the Flamingo hotel
    Nightlife I would say XS, Bank, LAX, Lavo, Tao, and Tryst (that one is awesome cuz it has a waterfall!!)
    I love Vegas, and I bet that on Halloween you can just party in the street!!
    Make sure to get some drinks at FAT TUESDAY (ull see why – they can get up to 3 ft)
    LA is def fun
    Check out Santa Monica and Venice beach for sure
    the surf there is very easy and the beaches are fun, great people watching!!
    Make sure to do at least one night in Hollywood it always depends on the night, but Big Wangs is a great bar, for clubs, Les Deux always has washed up reality stars lol, voyeur is sleezy but fun with the girls, and in downtown LA theres a great rooftop bar called Standard
    San Francisco is amazing def check out the Marina district, i personally like Circa and Ruby Sky and theres great Irish pubs on sidestreets
    The walk across the Golden Gate is amazing and for great pics
    Hope that helps!! Sounds amazing!!

• 14 Mar 2011 Jd said

Jd

thanks for all that help :)
    i cant wait to come over!!! you are more than welcome to come out and drink with us lol

• 16 Mar 2011 kirstenalexis said

kirstenalexis

no worries!!
    actually might just do that!! ill either be in LA or Vegas for halloween (i have to do vegas for that sometime lol!! i heard halloween is just insane there)

• 16 Mar 2011 Jd said

Jd

yeah ive been reading reviews and posts ppl have left on trip advisor and there is a shit load of stuff to do in vegas for halloween!!! and chicks get in for free to most things which is even better!! lol we’re looking forward to just sitting at the pokies and playing one cent hits cuz they still bring you drinks apparently lol which we are loving!!! lol so all in all th moral of this is COME TO VEGAS BABY LOL

• 18 Mar 2011 lady_o said

lady_o

CA weather can be erratic at any time of the year. Bring stuff for cool weather also, San Fran especially can get chilly. (I’m assuming that’s the Bay) =) Hope you enjoy!

• 18 Mar 2011 Jd said

Jd

thanks lady o :) yep the tour ends in san fran :)

• 19 Mar 2011 kirstenalexis said

kirstenalexis

ahhh san francisco, it depends where you are in the city for the weather… anywhere around golden gate park is a lot cooler than the area around the ballpark … it shouldnt be that bad, but yeah bring a sweater lol
    and DOWN FOR VEGAS HALLOWEEN!!!!!! yeah girls get in free a lot, but its always a good idea esp during holidays or breaks, to try to get on a list of sorts, cuz the lines really suck…
    if you go with any guys, its usually around $20, and they better be well dressed lol!! (gota love being a girl!!!)
    ps.. do the dollar machines.. you win more $$$ (i once spent $2 and got $400… got spring break from it!!!)

• 20 Mar 2011 Jd said

Jd

lol no boys just us girls lol well except the boys on the tour i guess lol ive been looking at some lists of clubs and places from last years halloween in vegas just to get an idea and most of them look great..we should deff catch up there if you go or even just in LA before we start the tour you sound like fun :) lol

• 24 Mar 2011 kirstenalexis said

kirstenalexis

lol im sure on halloween anywhere on the strip will be ridiculous!!!! yeah well def party im definitely down to hit up vegas!!! well party for sure!! :)
    heres my facebook…. facebook.com/kirstenalexis

• 24 Mar 2011 Jd said

Jd

the more the better i say lol

• 24 Mar 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

Hey,
    I went on the la to the bay tour last year…you need at least one hoodie, as kristenalexis said, it was really foggy in the morning in LA and you have to get up fairly early to do things. San Fran had a heatwave when we turned up, but after that it soon turned a bit chilly. Take a couple of party outfits for las vegas. Lots of shorts and stuff, things that you will be comfortable in sitting on the coach for a few hours.
    Hope this helps :)
    Kaz

• 25 Mar 2011 Jd said

Jd

thanks kaz :) we have decided to go at the end of october so i should really change this heading shouldnt i lol anyway thanks for taking the time to share your experience with me :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.