Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Highlights 18 August 2011

3 Mar 2011 Explorer1228636 asked

Default_avatar

Anyone else book for this trip yet?

• 8 Mar 2011 ZINGA said

ZINGA

I don’t think there is a European Highlights leaving Aug 18. If your talking about Aug 16 European Highlights then yes me and a buddy of mine from Toronto, Canada will be joining you.

• 17 Mar 2011 Explorer1228636 said

Default_avatar

Hi, it’s definitely the 18th of August 2011. I even phoned Contiki just to be sure and they confirmed that there is an 18 Aug trip but not a 16 Aug trip. Are you sure yours is the 16th?

• 14 Apr 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

I’m debating whether I can afford to book it or not! Would be my choice of tours though…

• 14 Apr 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

It changes mine to the UK one when I click the link and it says the 18th Aug. Look, I print screened it so you can see what I see…
    http://tinypic.com/r/2jbmvkx/7

• 15 Apr 2011 BigCountry Williams said

BigCountry Williams

I’m in New York and Mine says Aug 16h, I think if your not in Europe, and you are in the states it takes into account travel time. I’m taking this same tour Aug 10th!

• 18 Apr 2011 Kyzee said

Default_avatar

I am also going on the August 18th european highlights, Im from NZ – and it shows up as Aug 18 on my trip calendar.. so who from here has actually booked?? Also it says that i am ‘not checked in’ does this have to be done??

• 18 Apr 2011 ZINGA said

ZINGA

I called Contiki and they told me that anyone booking in the United States or Canada that the tour begins on Aug 16 and takes into consideration travel time. The first included night for us is the 17 of Aug. Me and a buddy of mine booked this tour about 3 month’s ago so were confirmed. We are from Toronto, Canada. If you have fFacebook we should keep in touch!!!

• 18 Apr 2011 Kyzee said

Default_avatar

So are you going on this one Zinga? have you ‘checked in’?

• 18 Apr 2011 ZINGA said

ZINGA

Ya i’m going on this, me and a friend of mine. Have you booked??

• 18 Apr 2011 Kyzee said

Default_avatar

yes me and my cousin are all booked! are you’s staying at one of the contiki hotels the night before?? uh add me on facebook … Kylee Kiss (From New Zealand) – maybe we can help each other out on things for this trip!?

• 18 Apr 2011 ZINGA said

ZINGA

ok I just added you!!!

• 18 Apr 2011 BigCountry Williams said

BigCountry Williams

hey guys join my gropu on FB we all are doing the same tour, except mine starts Aug 10th!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_196107973757737&ap=1

• 18 Apr 2011 Nikki xx said

Default_avatar

Kaz would be an awesome trip, are u thinking of booking?

• 18 Apr 2011 Kaz said

Kaz

Yea I am Nikki…it just falls on two things, 1. If I can save enough in time and 2. Do I do this or save for another year and do Australia & New Zealand?!
    I reckon I’ll end up doing it though, I don’t think I can wait over a year before I do any more sightseeing!

Just a heads up for the ‘check in’ thing, you literally do it a few days before you leave. It’s like checking into your flight and things like that, just to say you are still going and haven’t pulled out for any reason.

• 18 Apr 2011 Nikki xx said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the heads up. Contiki advised us that we would receive confirmation of travel in the post from them about 2 weeks before we depart, then I’m guessing we still have to come online a check in etc? Yes it is going to be a great trip one you don’t want to miss out on!

• 19 Apr 2011 Explorer1228636 said

Default_avatar

Great, glad all the confusion is sorted out. Was a bit worried there for a second! See you all in about four months.

• 19 Apr 2011 BigCountry Williams said

BigCountry Williams

put the Deposit down last night for the Aug 10th tour. let the Countdown officially begin!

• 5 May 2011 Jne53 said

Jne53

My sister and I just recently booked the european highlights tour for august 16th, looks like we will be travelling together :)

• 5 May 2011 ZINGA said

ZINGA

Hey where are you and your sister from???

• 5 May 2011 BigCountry Williams said

BigCountry Williams

we have a group on FB for a few dates, July 11th Aug 10th, 16th and July 13th. your more than welcome to join.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_196107973757737&ap=1

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion