Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern- 2 Feb 2012?

8 Mar 2011 Tegz asked

Tegz

I'm looking for friends travelling on the 2nd Feb 2012 on the Grand Southern (LA to NY)
:)

• 25 Jun 2011 Aimski87 said

Default_avatar

I paid my deposit friday!!! Woohoo. Im so excited. Hi:) im Amy

• 27 Jun 2011 Tegz said

Tegz

WOOHOOO! I booked 6 months ago, thought I was going to be the only one! hahaha! I’m Tegan from Cairns Aus. Do you have Facebook?

• 28 Jun 2011 Patricia said

Patricia

I’m booked in for the NY – LA tour on the 10th of feb. Going the opposite way to u guys, We might pass somewhere along the way. :) So excited! Have a great trip!!

• 29 Jun 2011 Tegz said

Tegz

Hey Patricia, where abouts are you from? Apparently we’ll cross over somewhere and stay in the same place- woo hoo! Are there many other people booked on your tour? Do you have Facebook? I’m so psyched! X

• 30 Jun 2011 Patricia said

Patricia

Hey Tegz, I’m from Wollongong NSW. I have found a few ppl who are doing my trip. Seems like its forever away!! I have face book. Patricia Sainsbury. :)

• 25 Jul 2011 jessEcar said

jessEcar

Hi Guys, I’m Jess from Brisbane. I just paided my deposit for this tour as well!! I can hardly wait! :)

• 26 Jul 2011 Tegz said

Tegz

Hey Jess! Welcome to the cooler side of the group haha. I’m in Cairns at the moment but i’m actually moving to Brissy JUST before contiki! Do you have FB? Are you vibrating with excitement? haha x

• 19 Sep 2011 Tones2012 said

Tones2012

Hi All, I’ve just booked in for this trip so thought Id say hi to everyone else who going,which is like 4 people so far from the responses? haha, plenty of room on the bus then :)

Tony.

• 20 Sep 2011 AaronHumphrey said

Default_avatar

Hi all, my girlfriend and I are from Tasmania, Australia, and are all booked in for the trip!
    Which side excursions are you all looking at doing?
    We did a Contiki in new Zealand at the start of this year and it was a crazy 10 days, so I am sure these 26 will be crazy too!
    See you all soon!
    Aaron

• 21 Sep 2011 Aimski87 said

Default_avatar

Woohoo!! Finally the tour is filling up:) well ive never been out of oz so ill do as many of the optionals as possible lol. Experience as much as i can while im there.

• 21 Sep 2011 PinaI said

PinaI

This is an amazing tour guys…you will absolutely love it!

Feel free to ask any questions you might have…

• 21 Sep 2011 Explorer1294996 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone,

I’ve booked this trip with my partner. We are recently married from Western Australia. I did Contiki Europe by myself a few years ago so this is my first tour with a tag along (lets hope he behaves himself!) Really looking forward it to it and meeting you all.
    Liane :)

• 21 Sep 2011 PinaI said

PinaI

Liane, you’re like me…always travelled solo until I met my (now) husband…it’s, ahhhh, different LOL!

• 23 Sep 2011 Tegz said

Tegz

AH! finally, people booking this trip! Woohoo! Does everyone have FB? I’ve made a page “Contiki Grand Southern La-Ny 02/02/2012” for us to use and then hopefully we’ll kind of already know some people when we arrive. Looking forward to meeting everyone! So excited!

• 24 Sep 2011 Tones2012 said

Tones2012

Doesnt Everyone have FB these days?
    Looks like Ill be arriving in LA mid afternoon on the 1st Feb, anyone have ideas of the best things to do in LA for a few hours before I pass out from jetlag? Wheres everyone staying the night before the trip starts? The Kyoto Grand?

Tony.
    (Brissy guy but living in the Middle East atm)

• 27 Sep 2011 Laura89 said

Default_avatar

Hi!
    I’ve booked and paid for Southern Adventure starting 2nd Feb, is this the 1st half of the Grand southern that you guys are going on? I’m just going from LA to New Orleans. Travelling by myself so would love to get to know some of the people that are on my tour!
    Pretty excited – only 127 days to go!! (It sounds better when you say it in hours – 3048 to go!)
    —Also, I’ll be in LA from 28th Jan. Staying at Crown Plaza Beverly Hills but moving to the Kyoto Grand on the 1st so I can meet up with everyone else from the tour! So if anyone is looking for stuff to do or wants to meet up – I’m all for it!

• 28 Sep 2011 Tones2012 said

Tones2012

Hi Laura……Ill only be in LA from the 1st but will be staying at the Kyoto the night before we leave, so Im up for anything that afternoon or a couple drinks at the bar that night (pre tour drinks :) ) if anyones around as well :) Feel free to add me on FB :)

• 14 Oct 2011 Therese88 said

Therese88

Hey guys,
    My partner and I are from good old Adelaide and we’ll be coming too so it looks like it’s gonna be a bus full of Aussies :)
    We’ll be in LA from the 28th of Jan so if anyone gets bored and keen for some drinks/company just let me know.
    Are we the only ones not staying at The Kyoto Grand? :s

• 14 Oct 2011 Laura89 said

Default_avatar

Don’t worry, I’m not staying at the Kyoto Grand either! I’ll be in LA from 28th also, staying at the Crown Plaza Beverly Hills until the 1st, then checking into the Kyoto for the tour.
    I’ll probably love some company for the days before the tour as I’m travelling alone. Maybe we can all catch up for dinner/drinks.
    My name is Laura Stott if you/anyone wants to add me on facebook! Roughly 109 days to go!!

• 14 Oct 2011 Therese88 said

Therese88

We were going to stay there too but now we’re staying at The Magic Castle Hotel (stupid name I know but awesome location).

There’s heaps of people with your name so I hope it’s you I’ve added :) My names Therese Harman just in case

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.