Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Southern Excursions Reviews

5 Sep 2008 JoaNne89 said

JoaNne89
Hi guys! I am doing the GS tour next year and I just have a question for those who has done this tour before. What are the optional excursions that you guys would suggest... Like, if you were to do the GS Tour again which ones would you do again and not do? Thanks!! This will really help me in deciding the budget ! Roll Eyes
  • 30 Oct 2008 Ozgirl said

Default_avatar

Hmmmm, i wouldnt do the Imax at the Grand Canyon again. I loved the optional suprise in Las Vegas … DO IT!
    The cabaret show wasn’t very good in Vegas so i would skip that.
    The jeep ride in Colarado was pretty cool, i’d do that again.

• 23 Dec 2008 gig08 said

gig08

I agree with Ozgirl… I wouldn’t do the Imax again! Also, we did the Variety show in Vegas…and though there were good parts, I couldn’t wait to leave (and I had to wake up the girl sitting beside me!).

The only other optional that I wasn’t really that into was the Trolley Tour. Seemed like a good way to see things, but we were up early for it, and it wasn’t all that exciting (a lot of the stuff was covered by our TM on our drive into town)

• 20 Apr 2009 Bateup said

Bateup

Pirates House Dinner – was ****. Total rip off and you don’t even see any pirates!! I recommend going elsewhere for dinner.

Trolley Tour – boring unless you like history

Ghost Tour – heard it was ok, a few good stories. But I didn’t do it.

Mississippi Cruise – good feed, cool little band. The scenry is pretty ordinary, but it’s a good start to the night before you hit Bourbon Street!!

Swamp Tour – it’s a bit of fun. Boring…you see a few alligators and swampy areas, but the guides are funny.

Hot Air Ballooning – I didn’t do it, but the kids that did said it was great!!

Snow Mobiles – unreal fun!! But you will get stuck waiting around for women drivers. I had a few get bogged for not going quick enough and a few ran into a tree (at very slow pace). This held the whole group up and the guides got the ****s.

Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride – I did the 45 minute ride, and it was amazing. Well worth doing.

Las Vegas – do the surprise!! I got to participate in this and was a blast!! Sooo funny!!

• 21 Apr 2009 Mel said

Default_avatar

i agree with the others, i would skip the Imax at the Grand Canyon – especially if you are gonna do a helicopter ride anyway….the cabaret at Vegas was pretty ordinary, costumes amazing…. but i was one of the people that had to be woken up at the end as well Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 10 Jun 2009 Jessymoo said

Default_avatar

Wow thanx guys its really good of u 2 write what you thought 2 help people out who r about 2 go. It’s helped me with my planning so thank you.

• 15 Oct 2009 MikeG said

MikeG

thanks everyone, im doing the grand southern departing from nyc on nov 20, this has helped me alot in budgeting my trip.
    Ill be sure to use the money i save hereto buy a few more drinks.

• 21 Oct 2009 retronym said

retronym

NYC to LA is the best way to go.
    No one did the trolley tour.
    Ghost tour – ok for a bit of a laugh (have a few drinks before you go on it)
    Swamp Tour was pretty good (everyone did it)
    Snow mobiles – awesome. If you can affrod it go on your own coz then you can drive the whole time.
    Grand Canyon – atleast do a helicopter ride if you cant afford to go to the bottom.
    Vegas – no one did the reccomended contiki show. Our Manager took us to another show. It was ok. I would reccommend getting a bunch together and doing Cirque du Soleil (the TM should have contacts to arrange it)
    Sports – If your Tour Manager is in the know like ours was mke sure you go check out an NBA game etc!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.