Community_discussions_small  

Question

LONDON & PARIS - April 8, 2011

12 Mar 2011 Alanna asked

Alanna

Hey! I just booked the April 8th London & Paris trip. Anyone else on this tour? I'd love to coordinate with people from the group...

• 13 Mar 2011 LucyM2011 said

Default_avatar

Hi! I’m also on this tour starting April 9 in London :) Starting to get a bit excited now!

• 13 Mar 2011 Alanna said

Alanna

Lucy – awesome! where are you flying in from? my flight arrives in london from NYC at 11am on the 9th.

• 14 Mar 2011 LucyM2011 said

Default_avatar

I’m arriving from Melbourne at about lunchtime on the 8th, so I have a bit of recovery time before the tour starts

• 14 Mar 2011 Alanna said

Alanna

Are you doing Amsterdam or an extension of Paris after the tour is over? I’m adding Amsterdam to my tour package tomorrow.. figured I might as well do a day and a half there while I’m already overseas.

I hope more people from our tour group come on and introduce themselves!

• 14 Mar 2011 Sezz said

Sezz

Hi guys,

Me and my boyfirend Clinton are joining this tour too, we are extending to Amsterdam at the end. We are heading off to start our trip in UAE in 10 days, so getting very excited/stressed getting last minute things planned!

• 15 Mar 2011 oneworldview said

oneworldview

Hey! My friend and I are coming on the trip too! We’re going to England early (arriving on the 8th) and we’re staying an extra night in Amsterdam!! It’s getting closer now :)
    can’t wait!

• 15 Mar 2011 Alanna said

Alanna

I just changed my trip to include the Amsterdam extension! I hope there are more people doing this trip so I can explore the city with others. (I’m not much of a partier, so hopefully I’m not left behind lol)

• 15 Mar 2011 LucyM2011 said

Default_avatar

I’m doing the paris extension, then spending a couple of extra days in Paris after that as well. Amsterdam sounds great :)

• 15 Mar 2011 Iveluna said

Iveluna

Hi, Greetings from Puerto Rico, I will be there!

• 16 Mar 2011 Explorer1193172 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone!! Thomas from NJ on the trip as well. For you guys that booked the extra night(s) in Amsterdam, what’s the name of the hotel?

• 18 Mar 2011 Alanna said

Alanna

I think the hotel in Amsterdam is called Blue Square, but that’s just based on a google search I did… not sure if it’s the same hotel for every contiki tour.

• 18 Mar 2011 Sezz said

Sezz

I have my itinerary, and your right Alanna, the hotel is called Blue Square.

• 18 Mar 2011 Explorer1193172 said

Default_avatar

Thanks guys.. Someone should set up a facenook page. If I knew how to, I would

• 18 Mar 2011 Alanna said

Alanna

I created a facebook group for our tour, so please check it: http://on.fb.me/fkwhhb

• 20 Mar 2011 Alanna said

Alanna

What are some of the things on everyones’ “must-see” lists in London, Paris, & Amsterdam? Starting to gather places I want to check out if the tour doesn’t cover them…

London:
    -Harry Potter Platform 9-3/4 @ Kings Cross Station
    -Abbey Road
    -London Eye (preferably at night)
    -St Paul’s Cathedral
    -China Town
    -Millennium Bridge
    -Trafalgar Square
    -South Bank

Paris:
    Everything on this site: http://www.squidoo.com/top10-things-to-do-Paris-France

Amsterdam:
    -A canal cruise
    -Red District
    -Keukenhof Gardens (I just learned we’ll be in Amsterdam during the tulip season.. looks awesome: http://bit.ly/fFz7YY)

• 23 Mar 2011 Leanna said

Default_avatar

Me and my boyfriend are ging on this tour as well :) I’m not doing any extentions though because I want to save some vacation days at work

• 28 Mar 2011 Charlie said

Charlie

Hi all, I’ll be joining you on this trip but im extending by one day in Paris, sadly its all I have time for. I’ll be in London 1st-3rd of April, then Liverpool for a couple of days, then off to Scotland for 5 days. If anyones around and wants to catch up for a drink to ‘break the ice’ before meeting up reply here or I’ll join the FB group!
    Cant wait!!

• 28 Mar 2011 Alanna said

Alanna

hey charlie! i’m arriving to london (from new york) on the 9th in the morning with barely any time to spare. hope to see everyone soon! less than 2 weeks to go.

• 30 Mar 2011 Explorer1207846 said

Default_avatar

Hi Alanna,

I’m going on this tour this summer. Just wondering if your itinerary says when you’ll be returning from Versailles and what day Versailles and the Moulin Rouge are.

Thanks

• 1 Apr 2011 Iveluna said

Iveluna

Did u reserve any additional tour yet? what is recommended?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.