Community_discussions_small  

Question

Little Hopper 13-22Sep & Octberfest 22-27Sep

13 Mar 2011 ClaudzM asked

ClaudzM

hey guys anyone doing the Little Hopper tour and Octberfest in Sep?

• 25 Jul 2011 Estelle said

Estelle

Hi. A friend and I are doing the little hopper on those dates and then making our own way from Rome to Munich on the overnight train. Going to be at Oktoberfest 23 – 25 September – it’s going to be AWESOME! :)

• 25 Jul 2011 ClaudzM said

ClaudzM

Hi OMG thank goodness other people are doing this tour YAH ! yes me and my friend also doing Little Hopper and then 5day Oktoberfest Tour from the 23 – 25Sep … but I think we will be making our way back to London after the Little Hopper to meet the Oktoberfest group on the 22Sep and catch the bus ! where you guys from? YAH so excited !

• 26 Jul 2011 Estelle said

Estelle

Haha. Awesome! We’re both from South Africa but I’m working in London now and she’s in Germany this year. Have you done any other Contiki tours? Where are you from? I can’t wait – so excited! I really hope we get to meet up with a great bunch of people! Counting down the days :)

• 26 Jul 2011 ClaudzM said

ClaudzM

YAH me & my friend are both from New Zealand but her nationality is South Afircan & I’m Samoan, German Irish hahahah (theres a mix for you) but my friend now lives in Melbourne but Im still here in Auckland NZ…she left for London last week so I’m going to meet her there on the 11sep to get ready for our trips hehehe…NO never done a Contiki before but I have travelled quite a bit on my own for work etc..& have a friend who works at Contiki here in NZ so she sd it will be an amazing experince ! Theres heaps of us doing the Oktoberfest (we have FB page if you want to join) lol

• 26 Jul 2011 ClaudzM said

ClaudzM

ps – how much $ are you taking? I have no clue of what to buget for…

• 27 Jul 2011 Estelle said

Estelle

Cool beans, send me the link to the Oktoberfest page if you don’t mind… I really don’t know how much to take but will probably take about Euro 300-400 ¿ Depends on how many optional entras one does I think. The train trip up the mountain in Swiss Alps looks good but its about 100euro so I’ll have to think about it :) And of course it depends how much beer you’re planning to drink at Oktoberfest! lol Take some form of credit card with in case :) Don’t suppose you’ve found other people who are joining on little hopper? How are you going to manage packing everything into 20kg? Along with a sleeping bag? :) At least I’m not flying so maybe I can push it a bit… :) Weather’s been great here in London lately but I hear Germany has had a bit of rain … holding thumbs for good weather for us!

• 27 Jul 2011 marielle said

marielle

Hi. :) I’m the other South African friend doing the Little Hopper Tour with Estelle. :) Super exciting! My 1st time travelling! :)

• 27 Jul 2011 ClaudzM said

ClaudzM

hey guys umm i dont know the link to Oktoberfest i think someone gave it to me ( i will try and find it) but add me on FB and it’s in my GROUP thingy hahahah…OMG EUR700.00 is what i’m thinking of taking at the moment but I will have my Visa Debit card just incase I need something else (drinks most likely) hahaha but then again I dont really think will spending ALL my $ on booze cos me & my friend are planning to travel to Greece after the tours… NOPE i don’t know any1 else that’s doing the little hopper apart frm you guys & my friend :( so i kina more excited for Oktoberfest as I know heaps of people already (FB) ….Yes i’m going to pray for good weather the whole time we’re camping…buz killer if it rains on us :(

• 28 Jul 2011 Estelle said

Estelle

Ja, not taking too much cash is always a good idea – the rest of my funds are on debit card. Im hoping the drinks in europe are less expensive than here in London :) Maybe the rest of our Hopper group are technologically challenged and havent found the community yet :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion