Community_discussions_small  

Question

Italian Espresso, September 30th, 2011

14 Mar 2011 carina22g asked

Default_avatar

Peeps! Are you out there? Anybody going?

• 15 Mar 2011 compsci2009 said

Default_avatar

Hey there I am already booked for this trip.

• 17 Mar 2011 carina22g said

Default_avatar

Hooray! I am pretty pumped for our quick, 1-week vacay. Are you planning on leaving from Rome or Venice?

• 20 Mar 2011 compsci2009 said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I’m also excited about the trip as well. I’m going to be ending the tour in Venice. What about you?

• 21 Mar 2011 carina22g said

Default_avatar

Ending in Rome (no cheap flights out of Venice for me, unfortunately).

• 21 Mar 2011 compsci2009 said

Default_avatar

Well, on the bright side you get to see Rome again!

• 8 May 2011 Alexander said

Alexander

Hey! I just recently booked this trip as well, going with a friend. Ending in Rome and staying extra nights.

• 9 May 2011 carina22g said

Default_avatar

It looks like I’m ending the tour in Venice after all. I need to stop making so many modifications or I’m going to be super poor for our trip!
    I’m traveling up from Canada by myself, so I’m excited to meet you all when I get there.

• 10 May 2011 Alexander said

Alexander

Nice! Im coming up from Canada as well, which part of Canada?

• 10 May 2011 carina22g said

Default_avatar

Very cool— I’m coming up from Toronto!

• 10 May 2011 Alexander said

Alexander

Ah, Winnipeg, Manitoba here, :)

• 9 Jul 2011 Explorer1264693 said

Explorer1264693

I am coming from Toronto too.. and staying some extra nights in rome! So looking forward to this trip. People keep sending me pictures of venice and rome. Gondela anyone?

• 19 Jul 2011 Alexander said

Alexander

Woot! Another Canadian! Glad to see more of us around, and extra nights in Rome! Its going to be a blast!

• 22 Jul 2011 accadro said

Default_avatar

Hi all! I am also from Toronto and will be joining this tour. I was wondering if anyone would be be interested in going to Cinque Terre for the day rather than seeing San Gimignano and the wine tour on Day 6 of the tour.

• 22 Jul 2011 Explorer1264693 said

Explorer1264693

Hello Accardo – fellow Torontoian, What is the cinque terre. i haven’t really looked over the list of “to do’s” yet or paid up for extras but would be interested in learning more about it. Is anyone trying to learn Italian? I am but would love a partner to practice the phrases with to ensure retention :) facebook – Julie Lamb

• 23 Jul 2011 Alexander said

Alexander

I dunno, San Gimignano seems pretty interesting, although i’m not to fond of wine (havent really drank it). Pretty much an old medieval looking city. :P

• 23 Jul 2011 accadro said

Default_avatar

Cinque Terre is five fishing villages on the coast near Florence. You can hike from village to village. It’s apparently beautiful. San Gimignano I assume is also great.

Don’t mean too sound negative but the wine tour sounds like a kickback arrangement that Contiki has with the one specific vineyard. In fact, most of the optional excursions where it’s for the sake of buying things are likely the same arrangements. Contiki brings you to these places to accommodate getting a cut of what you purchase.

• 23 Jul 2011 Alexander said

Alexander

Although that may be true Accadro, i don’t doubt it (they need to make $$ some how, the tours are really cheap after all),
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Gimignano
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinque_Terre

You can compare both places, and to be honest, both look real amazing, a hard decision on which to go.

• 23 Jul 2011 carina22g said

Default_avatar

I hear Cinque Terre is a must-see, and I’d be interested in going. I’d be more inclined to skip the leather-making demonstration and Tuscan dinner, however, more than skipping San Gimignano. That’s fine that Contiki needs to make money, but I’m not interested in spending my time watching people make leather…

• 24 Jul 2011 Alexander said

Alexander

Yeah, Cinque Terre is a must see, everyone says they should have went there instead. So i guess ill be up for Cinque :)

• 26 Jul 2011 compsci2009 said

Default_avatar

Cinque Terre is on the World Heritage List, which interests me based on that. I’m not entirely sure right now though if I will go.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.