Community_discussions_small  

Question

Italian Espresso, September 30th, 2011

14 Mar 2011 carina22g asked

Default_avatar

Peeps! Are you out there? Anybody going?

• 16 Aug 2011 purplegoat said

purplegoat

Hi everyone! I booked this tour a few weeks ago. Looking forward to meeting you!

• 24 Aug 2011 compsci2009 said

Default_avatar

Hello to you as well purplegoat. Where are you coming from?

• 25 Aug 2011 Explorer1264693 said

Explorer1264693

Almost a month to go!!! Shame the Canadian dollar dropped, should have bought my euros last month! Can’t wait to meet you all! WOOO ROME!

• 25 Aug 2011 purplegoat said

purplegoat

I’m coming from Salt Lake City, UT. Can’t wait to experience Italy!

• 26 Aug 2011 compsci2009 said

Default_avatar

The US dollar dropped as well. Eh, the trip is well worth it though! I’ll be coming from San Diego, CA. I’m excited to see Italy and eat some of the local food and the dessert!

• 4 Sep 2011 Alexander said

Alexander

So less then a month now! 26 days to be exact! I’m so pumped now but now i’m worrying about packing and the such. Is anyone else out there booked this trip? :)

• 8 Sep 2011 Kris Sharpe said

Kris Sharpe

Hey guys, I’m going on this tour too. I’m from Baltimore, Maryland. I’m going with my best friend Jaimie. I’m going to be in Rome that Wednesday morning before the tour and I’m not leaving Venice until Sunday morning. Anyone else going to be there an extra few days? You guys can facebook me too. Kris Sharpe :)

• 8 Sep 2011 Msdevine19 said

Msdevine19

I wish I was going on your trip. I’m going to weekend before on the 24th and it doesn’t seem like there are a lot of people yet.

• 8 Sep 2011 Explorer1264693 said

Explorer1264693

Can’t wait! Count down is on. I am staying an extra few days but not in Venice. I am getting the bus back to Rome and finishing there as I will be arriving late the “2nd day” I think its done that they count 1 day for travel, technically that is not part of the tour :P oh well.

So looking forward to meeting everyone on day 3 in Rome. Going to pick up some maps at the airport when I get there. Seems all the maps i find online are too big and complicated, where i just want to see where i should be htiting for sites,where the transit is etc. Also going to get a sim card for the phone. GPS will be my saviour.

Pack something long for the churches. i got shamed in spain for not covering up my shoulders, i had to buy a pashminia.

YEA ITALY!!

• 8 Sep 2011 accadro said

Default_avatar

Kris: Marc here from Toronto Canada. I am also taking part in this tour and I am also going to be in Rome starting that Wednesday and leaving for Venice that Sunday morning. Let me know if you want to meet up beforehand. I was planning on going to Tivoli the Saturday before we all meet up for example.

• 9 Sep 2011 Explorer1271983 said

Default_avatar

hi everyone i will be on this trip too!!! i cant wait! my first contiki tour!
    im luisa from australia

• 9 Sep 2011 Kris Sharpe said

Kris Sharpe

@ Msdevine19, I wouldn’t worry too much, your departure date is sold out like ours, people from your tour probably just haven’t gotten down with the message boards yet.

@ Explorer …83, Yeah I’ve been worried about the churches…I’m just going to make sure I have a hoodie with me everyday lol

@Marc, That’s awesome that we are going to be there the same exact days! And we can definitely meet up before the tour starts. I know that Friday morning before the tour we are going to Ostia for a few hours with Viatour, and at some point we are going to go to the Vatican museums because they are closed on Sundays; which is the day we go with Contiki so it’s kind of weird that they choose to go there on that day. We’ll definitely have to coordinate something, maybe meet up for dinner or something on the first day :D

@Luisa, Welcome!!

• 12 Sep 2011 Kris Sharpe said

Kris Sharpe

Also, here’s my FB page if anyone else is on there :)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=39604426

• 12 Sep 2011 Kimberley-Rose said

Kimberley-Rose

Hi! Kimberley from South Africa. anybody booking to go to the academia museum and uffizi gallery?

• 12 Sep 2011 Kris Sharpe said

Kris Sharpe

Hey Kimberly, It doesn’t look like we get much free time during the day, but I’m going to try to see a little of both galleries. This girl took the same tour this summer and she posted pics of the itinerary she had; if we have a similar looking itinerary then it’s going to be hard to squeeze them in :-/

http://postimage.org/image/132xws10/
    http://postimage.org/image/139k2604/
    http://postimage.org/image/13cv4uzo/

• 12 Sep 2011 Kimberley-Rose said

Kimberley-Rose

I think we have a little free time on day four? Maybe we can talk to the tour guides when we see them and get some advice. : D

• 12 Sep 2011 carina22g said

Default_avatar

I was thinking about booking gallery tickets for Day 4 too. I guess it’s a toss-up between museums/galleries in Florence or going to Cinque Terre. Sigh. Too many things!

• 13 Sep 2011 carina22g said

Default_avatar

For my Canadian buds on this trip (and maybe my intl peeps have suggestions to), what sort of debit card are you bringing? I’m with President’s Choice, which is awesome and inexpensive in Canada but really doesn’t help me overseas. Does anyone recommend any particular bank that is widely available and cheap to use at the Italian ATMs?

• 13 Sep 2011 Kris Sharpe said

Kris Sharpe

If I were you I’d call your bank. They will tell you what your sister bank is (if they have one). I’m with Bank of America and their sister bank is d’Italia. It’ll only cost me 1% to pull money out of the ATM. If you do have a sister bank over there make sure your bank card has a 4-digit pin. Most ATM won’t accept one that’s longer.

• 14 Sep 2011 Explorer1265789 said

Default_avatar

Hello fellow tour mates. My friend and I are coming from Oklahoma.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion