Community_discussions_small  

Question

For those who have done Contiki solo

15 Mar 2011 Linds asked

Linds

Hi All :)
My name is Lindy, im 21, going on a camping contiki around europe in August, solo. Unfortunatley non of my friends can make it then so Im braving the trip solo, and I must add, Im nervous.
For those who have done it solo, can you give me some comforting advice. Im excited to meet new people from around the world.
Any stories or suggestions would be amazing. Thanks :)

• 15 Mar 2011 Shenae said

Default_avatar

Hi Lindy,
    I haven’t done the camping trip but I have done 3 trips on my own and absolutely loved it. You’ll find that there are heaps of other people on your tour who are also traveling on their own. Traveling solo is great in that you don’t feel like you have to always do what your friends want to do and you’ll meet heaps of like minded people. At the end of the day everyone is there coz they want to be and you’ll find that you’ll get to know heaps of people in no time. One of the best things to do is to use the forums to see who else is going on your tour and then sometimes you can manage to meet people before your tour starts and then you’ll at least go knowing a few people already.
    Hope this helps :)
    Shenae

• 15 Mar 2011 kate85__ said

kate85__

Hi Lindy
    I am a nurse and found it hard to get time off with my friends as they are also shift workers. I did a NZ 2 week Contiki trip solo and loved it! There was a few girls also alone on the trip. I met great friends who I have since travelled to see and they have come to visit my home town. I loved doing the trip solo as it made me more brave! I could choose what I wanted to do and there was always someone wanting to do the same thing eg. party, shopping, relaxing. One night instead of the booze cruise a group of us girls bought some wine and cheese and snacks and chilled out at the lake, one of the most memorable nights and no hangover the next day!
    Im planning 2 solo Contiki trips in USA/Canada this year and one trip with a friend
    I also agree with everything Shenae said!
    Enjoy
    Kate

• 15 Mar 2011 Linds said

Linds

Thanks so much Shenae and Kate. You both have helped soothe my nervous about going solo:) im more exicted then ever now. Greatly appreciate your help and advice :)

• 9 May 2011 Linds said

Linds

Thanks Shannon.
    I appreciate all the advice I get. Im feeling more brave and excited about going solo with everything I read. Thanks for you message. my contiki is on august. i cant wait. :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion