Community_discussions_small  

Question

Wild Western 14 September 2011

17 Mar 2011 angelz969 asked

angelz969

Hey!

Anyone doing this tour, I'm going on my so would like to get know some people before I go... I'm doing the LA Explore before also.

I'm from Western Australian

• 14 Apr 2011 angelz969 said

angelz969

Departure has been confirmed, surely someone must be on here that wants to say hi!???

• 27 May 2011 Ali2625 said

Ali2625

Hi! Yes, I am doing this tour! Can’t wait! My name is Ali and I’m 27 from Tassie :)
    Are in LA for long before hand? Going anywhere after?

• 27 May 2011 angelz969 said

angelz969

Yay! Someone finally replied :-) My name is Amanda and I’m 28 from WA, doing this solo.

I fly in to LA on 10th Sept and leave straight after this tour.

I am doing the LA Explorer which starts on 11th Sept before this tour, but it is still not confirmed departure so if that falls through I will 4 days in LA that I will need to figure something out to do!

How long are you over there for?

• 27 May 2011 Ali2625 said

Ali2625

Ah sweet, I am also doing it solo! I fly into LA on the 11th of September and have a couple of nights there first too, I am thinking of heading to Disney Land on one of the days if your tour falls though and you want to join! I haven’t really got many other plans in LA as yet, thought I would look into day tours or trips!

After I finish this tour I head to Chicago and do another one which goes to Cleveland, Montreal, Toronto, Quebec City, Boston and finishes up in New York, then I will spend an extra 6 days there before I come home.

Have you been to the US before? Done Contiki before? I did a tour in Europe in 2007 and it was fantastic!

• 31 May 2011 angelz969 said

angelz969

Sure that would be great if my other tour falls through (still not confirmed), I would have a few days in LA looking something to do before the Wild Western starts. Would efinately be keen for Disney Land and also want to do like Hollywood homes tours etc.

Wow I wanted to do the east coast too but not enough time or $$. I figure I will do the west coast this time and then go back again in a few years and do like Miami, Chicago and New York etc.

I’ve only just had my first trip out of Australia in Dec last year, I went to Bali. Going to Bali again in August and then off on this adventure on my own. Going to be very much out of my comfort zone!

• 4 Jul 2011 angelz969 said

angelz969

Bump!

• 11 Jul 2011 Ali2625 said

Ali2625

Hey Amanda! Only 2 months!!!! Is your LA Explorer trip still going ahead?

Hey do you want to do Alcatraz in San Fran? I am going to start looking into tours in the next couple of days for this!

:)

• 11 Jul 2011 angelz969 said

angelz969

Yes! Alcatraz is definately one of the tours I was planning on going too! I also want to go see Holly Madison’s Peepshow in Vegas. I don’t know what dates we are in places so I cant book things yet!

Yes my LA Explorer has now been confirmed :-( Are you staying at the Contiki Hotel (Kyoto) for your pre-nights or somewhere else?

I’m so excited for this trip!!

• 17 Jul 2011 Roy1980 said

Roy1980

HI Ali and Amanda!
    I am also doing this tour :D. and also the LA Explorer!
    I’m Roy form the Netherlands and I am also really excited!
    I will arrive at the Kyoto the 10th but too late for the pre meeting for the LA Explorer.

• 19 Jul 2011 angelz969 said

angelz969

Hi Roy,

Welcome aboard :-) Looks like you will be in both my tours then.

I arrive at LAX about 2.30pm on the 10th. Do you know what time the pre-meeting is held for the LA Explorer?

• 19 Jul 2011 Ali2625 said

Ali2625

Hey guys! Yes I will be staying at the Coniki hotel the night before! Will let you know some more details when I check out the Alcatraz tours!
    :)

• 20 Jul 2011 watto said

watto

Hi!
    I’m Bryce, 24 from Adelaide and I booked this tour yesterday. Can’t wait!
    I land in LA on 31st August. Planning to check out Nipomo and Tijuana then heading to Boston and NY for a week before the tour.
    Ali, I may be keen to visit Disneyland with you. Let me know if you are planning anything in those few days before the tour starts.
    Looking forward to meeting you.
    Bryce

• 21 Jul 2011 angelz969 said

angelz969

Hey Bryce!

Sounds like you have lot going on before you even make it to Wild Western tour!

Can’t wait to meet everyone. Hope somemore people pop up on this post!

Amanda

• 21 Jul 2011 watto said

watto

Hey Amanda,
    Yeah I have a few friends in the states so I have to make the effort to visit them all before I go off and do my own thing with all you lot! I’ve been telling them for years now that I’ll visit them.
    So you all recommend staying in the Kyoto the night before take off? I am undecided about accommodation still.
    Also Ali, I checked out the Alcatraz tours at http://www.alcatrazcruises.com/website/buy-tickets.aspx and a half day tour is US$26. Would be interesting.
    How many people travel on these tours in the same coach? I expect we’ll see some more people joining this forum…
    Bryce

• 21 Jul 2011 Roy1980 said

Roy1980

Hey Amanda, I think the pre-meet for the LA Explorer would be the 10th @ between 6 / 8pm – Not sure, but on my other Contiki tours there was always a pre meet the evening before. The pre-meet for the Wild Western would be on the 13th in the evening.

Bryce, I think there are approximately 50 peeps on the bus. I have seen discussions that this is combined with the Western Highlights + LA to the Bay tour.
    I am also interested in the Alcatraz tour =D!

I also want to see Disneyland or Universal Studios, but don’t know when, hopefully on the 12 or 13th in the free time.

—> Here’s the link to the guide that you’ll get with your travel documents.. see page 23 for LA http://issuu.com/contiki.holidays/docs/tg_america_1112

Roy

• 21 Jul 2011 angelz969 said

angelz969

I didn’t know we were combined with other tours.
    I also want go to Universal Studies, Celebrity Homes Tour and Disneyland during the LA Explorer

• 21 Jul 2011 Ali2625 said

Ali2625

Hey Bryce, yeah sweet sounds good! What date are you back in LA? I’m staying at the Contiki hotel the night before but another hotel the few nights before that!

The Alcatraz tours look good too – do you think we should all book one?

Is anyone doing another tour after this one?

Thanks for the info Roy!

• 22 Jul 2011 watto said

watto

Thanks Roy. If it’s correct that LA to the Bay is joining us, here is the link to the forum for that tour: http://contiki.com.au/community/discussions/27917-la-to-the-bay-sept-14-24-2011.
    Also keen for Universal Studios and celebrity homes.
    I’m not sure when I’ll get back to LA, still need to book some domestic flights. But if we plan in a couple things to do on the days before our Wild Western, I’ll make sure I’m back in LA for those. Let’s book some tickets to Disney and Alcatraz if anyone is interested…
    I’m departing LA, returning to Australia on 29 September.

• 22 Jul 2011 watto said

watto

…and now I see you have already commented on that forum Roy.

• 22 Jul 2011 Roy1980 said

Roy1980

Haha Bryce ;-)

I’ve made a facebook group for the tour(s). You can find it under:
    http://on.fb.me/p4Q8WG
    Feel free to join if you like. I’ve found it really great to have such a page on my other tours.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.