Community_discussions_small  

Question

Reasonably priced New York accomodation?

22 Mar 2011 Amy Harris asked

Default_avatar

Hi there my names Amy and my friend and I are doing the contiki from New Orleans to New York. Keen to stay on a few nights in New York, does anyone have any places they could reccommend?
Thanks!

• 23 Mar 2011 Matt said

Default_avatar

Hi Amy,
    Try a website called airbnb, it’s homestay style accomodation all around the world, and my wife and I got a bargain on the upper east side inc breakfast and priv bathroom for August this year for USD$70 per night. It’s nothing fancy but who wants to be holed up in a fancy hotel when you’re in New York!! lol Just need somewhere to fall asleep and wake up every morning really. Look for something that takes your fancy (and budget) and read the reviews (which can only be left by people who have actually paid and stayed). This is a really good way to go especially if your a first timer such as my wife and I. The lady we are going to be staying with has been most helpful with directions from the airport and how to not seem like a first timer in the city.
    Hope this helps,
    Matt

• 14 May 2012 TBryHoff said

TBryHoff

Matt’s suggestion sounds great. I live in the States and travel to NYC all the time and unfortunately the hotel rates for even your more budget hotels are not terribly cheap. If you dont mind letting me know your budget per night, I can definitely try to suggest a few places that would meet it. Also, if you let me know the area and/or style of hotel/neighborhood you are looking to stay in, that would be helpful (ie, times square area for more of the popular tourist and business areas or downtown for more of the residential/party area). When would you be looking to book for as well? That always plays a big part on rates because aside from holidays, there is always something going on in NYC that could make rates go way up if you are not aware.

• 20 May 2012 jarks said

Default_avatar

American Dream Hostel or The Larchmont both have shared bathrooms but both are cheap.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.