Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Encounter - 22 Oct 2011

23 Mar 2011 whythetorment asked

Default_avatar

My fiance and I are booked on this trip. Who else is going ?

• 1 May 2011 Rusty_Fork said

Rusty_Fork

I am booked on this one too! Very excited.

• 8 May 2011 Kimberley said

Kimberley

Hi there, I’m on this tour as well! Can’t wait. I’ll be going by myself.

• 8 May 2011 Rusty_Fork said

Rusty_Fork

Hi Kim. Im going solo too! Where abouts are you from? It seems like so long away… Hurry up October!

• 8 May 2011 whythetorment said

Default_avatar

Great! We were beginning to think we were the only ones :)

October must come now !

• 8 May 2011 Kimberley said

Kimberley

Hi Rusty, it’s good to know I’m not going to be the only soloist. I’m from Brisbane. Where abouts is everyone else from? It does seem sooo far away doesn’t it, but going by the way this year has flown so far I think it will be here in no time (fingers crossed haha).

• 12 May 2011 Rusty_Fork said

Rusty_Fork

Wow, Ill be flying out of Brisbane too. Im currently living in Mackay. When are you flying out and with who? Im leaving on the 20th with Singapore Airlines, worried that it’s a bit too late as I only get in to London the afternoon before the tour starts….

• 12 May 2011 Kimberley said

Kimberley

Yay! I leave on the 20th as well but I’m flying with Qantas. My flight arrives the morning of the day before the tour. Are you staying at the hotel we leave from?

• 12 May 2011 whythetorment said

Default_avatar

We are from South Africa and flying out on the 19th.. Landing early on the 20th.. Want to spend the 2 days in London shopping and sightseeing :) hehehehe…

• 13 May 2011 Rusty_Fork said

Rusty_Fork

I am staying the night before and three nights after the tour at the Royal National. Is anybode else staying in London after the tour? Any plans to do some sightseeing?

• 14 May 2011 Kimberley said

Kimberley

I’m doing the sightseeing the day before as well. I’ll be staying at the Royal National the night before and the night it breaks up. I’m meeting up with my folks after the tour to do sightseeing.

• 21 Jun 2011 Amy said

Default_avatar

I am booked on this one aswell. Very excited! I am also travelling solo.

• 22 Jun 2011 Rusty_Fork said

Rusty_Fork

Where are you travelling from Amy? Will it be your first Contiki?

• 26 Jun 2011 Amy said

Default_avatar

Im travelling from Perth and yep this is my first Contiki. Is this your first Contiki?

• 28 Jun 2011 Rusty_Fork said

Rusty_Fork

Yeah it is. Its going to be awesome! Hope its not too cold though… Hows everybody’s preparation going? Have you got everything you think you might need? I have heaps to get still.

• 28 Jun 2011 whythetorment said

Default_avatar

We have no idea what to pack. We live in South Africa, so the winter here is not as cold as Europe’s. We might take one or 2 warm jackets, and buy more warm clothes in London before the tour. The same with shoes.. I did some research and the average temp through Europe end of Oct, beginning November will be about 10 degrees Celsius (50 degrees Fahrenheit).

• 2 Jul 2011 Kimberley said

Kimberley

This is my 2nd Contiki. 1st was last year in NZ and it was the best. Contiki is a great way to travel. Packing is slowly getting there. Just have to remember to not go overboard with taking clothes, otherwise there will be no room for souvenirs! Haha .. 10 degrees, really? That’ll be refreshing. Yeah only take 1-2 warm jackets and only a couple long pants. Don’t forget gloves. A few nice outfits for night time when we hit the clubs & pubs and the Vatican City. I believe there will be a lot of time on the coach, so you might want something warm and comfy for that.

• 9 Aug 2011 sari04 said

Default_avatar

I’ll be on this one as well! Travelling solo and sooo excited!. :)

• 22 Aug 2011 BenF said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys
    Me and a couple of mates are booked on this trip too
    We’ve got a facebook group called European Winter Encounter Oct 22 2011
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/145524638867356/?notif_t=group_added_to_group

Get on it!!!!

• 23 Aug 2011 Jezza87 said

Jezza87

Haha onya Ben about time you are promoting the group page after you bugged me to set it up :P
    Anyone from Newy Aust going?
    This will be my second one, did one last year as well! Lots of partying lots of sightseeing – tonne of fun!

• 6 Sep 2011 Rusty_Fork said

Rusty_Fork

Hey guys, spoke with a Contiki rep today and she told me that they are in the process of getting our docs organised and sent out. Not long to go now!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion