Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is Contiki right for me?

1 Apr 2011 verix78 asked

Default_avatar

I'm looking to go on some sort of tour around Greece. I've done some looking around and found Contiki and Trafalgar offering pretty much exactly what I want. However, from what I understand, Trafalgar caters to the older folk whereas Contiki appeals to the younger crowd. I'm 32 so I kinda fall in between. I'm not too interested in the partying/drinking and more interested in the sightseeing (I've never been to Greece or anywhere in Europe for that matter). So what's the deal? Can I get some idea of what to expect on a Contiki tour from the people who are roughly my age or interested in the same things I've mentioned above?

• 1 Apr 2011 JillTravel2 said

JillTravel2

Hi! I’m around your age and I actually just recently signed up for a Greece trip! The Spotlight on Greece plus 3 day Greek Island Cruising on June 12th. I thought about the Greek Island Hopping but that’s more island partying/drinking/beach for 14 days! I’m sure fun, I’m kind of done as well with a crazy amount of partying and this Greece tour gives you nice culture of Greece as well as relaxation and fun. Good mix! I definitely highly recommend Contiki, this will be my 2nd trip and honestly even if it’s a younger crowd everyone is great! :)

• 3 Apr 2011 Physique33 said

Default_avatar

I did Contiki at the age of 31 going on 32. I went Australia for 14 days and had a blast. The group was of course filled with the fair share of your partiers, but also had some older young professionals and some married couples. I am not that big in the party scene either, but there is such an ecletic group of people that you will tend to hang out with those that want to do the same as you. I trust Contiki enough that I am taking a Greece tour this summer at the age of 33, and I am sure there will be partiers in the group, but the way it is set up you don’t have to hang out with them. You can do the sight seeing with the others that want to do the same as you. If you want to Go on the Greek Island Hopping tour on June 21/22 I would be happy to hang out and site see with you :-) I looked at the other tours the other companies were giving and this one has the best price for what I want to see, plus I booked another trip with it and got a discount. So again its all in what you make of it. Good luck!!!

• 5 Apr 2011 GatorAnnie said

Default_avatar

I’m going on Mykonos and Island Cruising with my friend this September. We are celebrating my 30th birthday. We both travelled with contiki a few years ago and had a blast. There will definitely be the “party” crowd. However, you can go with them or choose to not do the party scene. On our last trip we had fun nights out and other quiet nights. You will find the people on the trip that you are most like. There is a wide array of people to become friends with and to hang out with. I also think the time you go will make a difference. If you avoid “summer” and go in May or end of August, September you are likely to avoid the more younger crowd as most will be back in school and the summer break is over. On our last trip we also had married couples and honeymooners. You will get a variety. I highly recommend it. It is a great time!

• 8 Apr 2011 Marilou said

Marilou

I also booked my Spotlight on Greece +7 days Med cruise in September. My primary objective is to see as much as possible. Of course, on days where you get to sleep in a little, I intend to get my “party hat” on a little bit, it is vacation after all… I’ll be 29 when i take the trip, first time in Europe, first time with Contiki but I have read enough to guess that the crowd not only depends on the time but also the trip you pick. There will be more “partyers” on the island hopping trip than another trip filled with visits and excursions… But as any trip, it is what you make of it that counts :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion