Community_discussions_small  

Question

Memory cards?

2 Apr 2011 Noitanigami asked

Noitanigami

Hey i will in europe for about 21 days (12 days of that on on europen discovery) in may, and i do like to take lots of pictures. i bought a 4 gb memory card just for the trip. Is that going to be enough?

• 3 Apr 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

My 4gb memory card can hold just over 1000 pictures with my camera. Personally, I know I’m going to take a lot more pictures than that, so I’m planning on at least another 4gb, probably more!

• 3 Apr 2011 NicsAdventure said

NicsAdventure

Hi there
    You could get a 16 gb one and that will last you for the entire trip!

Default_avatar

The only problem with one large memory card is if your camera is lost or stolen, or there’s a problem with your card you lose all your photos. That said, having to keep track of several smaller ones has its own problems, and buying 4×4gb would be more expensive than buying 1×16gb!

• 3 Apr 2011 NicsAdventure said

NicsAdventure

Yeah its pretty 50/50 either way unfortunately! I think I will be taking 2 16 GB cards I think and just be super careful with my camera!! aha

Default_avatar

Definitely! Mine’s biased towards more and smaller cause somehow that’s what I’ve managed to acquire! I’m hoping to add another 8gb card before I go. I recently took 3000 photos over 1 month when I was sharing a camera … hate to think what I’ll be like in Europe for 2 months with my own!!

• 3 Apr 2011 Todd said

Todd

I can get cards cheap at my work so I’ve stocked up and have 6 × 8Gb and a 4Gb cards so far, although some are for the portable media player I’m taking for the plane/bus. At max settings on my camera an 8Gb card holds 1500 pics, so I might grab a few more before I leave

• 3 Apr 2011 Jennieva30 said

Jennieva30

I’m taking my DSLR camera on my 24 day Europe trip in October and I planning on take (3) 4 GB cards that i have collected over the years and an additional one just in case since i also plan on taking video :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.