Community_discussions_small  

Question

Contiki by yourself? Oct 2011

3 Apr 2011 Dean89 asked

Dean89

• 6 Apr 2011 nej_182 said

Default_avatar

Hey Dean,
    I have just finished traveling alone on the New Zealand Contiki tour over 2010 xmas/2011 new years and I was worried about spending such a ‘family-orientated-time’ without my friends and family but within the first 24hours contiki became my adoptive family. This is an experience in itself to witness this first hand.The reason for this is that the people who are on the same tour as you have the same interests (traveling, having fun, being friendly, helpful, decent) and are feeling the same worries as you but by the end of day one your best mates. The people I met I am planning on seeing again next year so the fun never stops.
    The tour I was on was half couples and half solo travelers. The main difference I found is that in your ‘free time’ couples tend to do things together and solo travelers tend to group together and find something to do outside the contiki schedule e.g. we played some soccer and cricket with the NZ locals and went to pubs to meet some locals, it was amazing and going forward I will do contiki solo.
    Actually I am leaving in a week on another contiki and am looking forward to meeting a whole new bunch of people. :-)
    I cannot speak for you but traveling solo has given me the opportunity to discover and experience more of the local cultures and more time to learn about the world from people who live in other countries. If something new arises I was able to run with the opportunities available without having any ties.
    I hope my experience has answered your question :-D

• 8 Apr 2011 Dean89 said

Dean89

Thanks Heaps :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion