Community_discussions_small  

Question

Great Britain & Ireland June 15 - July 2, 2011

4 Apr 2011 Lorne asked

Lorne

Hey guys!! is anyone else on this Great Britain & Ireland tour from june 15 - july 2nd? im going solo and hoped to meet some people!!

• 17 Apr 2011 Krystal2331 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lorne, my name is Krystal I will be part of the crew going to Britain on the same date!! I’m so excited, its coming up very quickly. Is this your first Contiki tour?

• 17 Apr 2011 Lorne said

Lorne

Hey Krystal! yes i am super excited for the trip! i booked in february and its been such a long wait! this will be my first Contiki experience, and im sure it will be a blast! have you done Contiki before?

• 18 Apr 2011 Krystal2331 said

Default_avatar

Heya, yeah i think i booked it about that time as well, still such a long wait even though its only 2 months away now!! It’ll be my first contiki experience too so a little nervous as well. Your from Canada is that right?

• 18 Apr 2011 Lorne said

Lorne

i know right! longest 2 months of my life! lol are you doing the trip solo or with firends? yes i am from Canada. have you ever been? i really want to get to Australia , i’ve had some friends go and say it is amazing!! i am flying into London 5 days early for our trip and taking the train down to Wales to visit my uncle and do some sightseeing. i’m also staying a few days after the trip to tour London cause i dont thing we’ll see it all. have you had the chance to travel much?

• 18 Apr 2011 Krystal2331 said

Default_avatar

Doing the trip solo!! This is my first overseas trip besides New Zealand and Bali lol
    Australia is beautiful, you must come and see it, ive heard good things about Canada to, i know a few people that have family over there so it wouldnt be hard to have somewhere to stay thats for sure. I think i’m only travelling over about a day before the tour starts but staying probably a couple extra days after to do the London sightseeing. I have family in York so if i get time i might head up there, who knows :-) Your profile says your a female but your pic is of a male……which one are you??

• 18 Apr 2011 Lorne said

Lorne

haha oops! ya i am definitely male! your profile says you are 2010 years old too but im doubting that! lol ya i wanted to spend some extra time around the trip to see things cause i dont know when the next time i’ll get out that way again! if this contiki tour all goes well, i want to do another one next year to see Italy/Greece etc. this travelling solo is a little nerve racking but exciting at the same time! im sure there will be a ton of awesome people like us on our trip to meet and hang out with! :-) are you working now or in school?

• 22 Apr 2011 Krystal2331 said

Default_avatar

haha no i really am 2010 years old, just look good for my age lol I’m actually 27 :-)
    I’m doing one of the USA tours in Jan 12, nervous about the solo thing too but cant wait to meet people from al over the world, but knowing my luck i’ll probably (besides you) will meet alot of Kiwis haha, they seem to be taking over the world
    I’m working now, i do a 28 days on and 7 days of roster, working as part of the new Chevron Gas project on Barrow Island, how about you?? Ive been in the mining industry for about 3 years now……..get used to the lifestyle i suppose. Not really planning on going back to school ever again!! I was a vet nurse for 8 years so i can always fall back onto that if i leave the mining life :-)

• 23 Apr 2011 Lorne said

Lorne

haha!! well im glad there will be someone else my age on the tour. i figured it would be mostly younger people, and yes im sure will be a ton of kiwis taking over the UK! i am a gasfitter for a natural gas company. i really like it and it definetly helps pay for all the travelling i want to do! i was a chef for 8 years before giving it up for more money and better hours. i still love to cook for friends and family, and that way i dont have to do dishes if i cook! lol looks like 51 days till i leave for London! countdown is on!! :-) yay!

• 27 Apr 2011 Krystal2331 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lorne, sorry it takes me ages to reply, i read the email and then get distracted lol Yeah i was hoping it would be an older crowd maybe with others that dont want to party the whole time, i want to do some soightseeing haha.
    I work for the cleaning/catering company on Barrow island so if you ever want a job in australia let me know, we are always looking for chef’s!! 51 days, well less now, how exciting…….i just want it here now :-) What are you looking forward to most?? I think Ireland is going to be pretty awesome, we have a few irishmen up here that keep telling me stories and places to go, sound slike so much fun! Where are you staying when you get to london?

• 27 Apr 2011 Krystal2331 said

Default_avatar

oh is it june 15ht or 19th, for some reason i’m thinking the 19th??

• 28 Apr 2011 Lorne said

Lorne

Hi Krystal, ya i definitely dont want to party every night either! early mornings and long days with tons of sights to see wont go over well with a hangover….but im sure there will be a few crazy nights! :-) oh sweet i will hold you to that job offer if i ever make it over to Aus!! that would be great! i used to work at a camp in the oil sands so im well aware of the lifestyle! 45 days to go now!! yay, days are passing soooo slow. and the tour does start on the 15th but its only a travel day for outsiders, so it really starts on the 16th at 6pm. im staying at the Royal National hotel in London the day before the tour and a few days after, the same hotel the group is staying in the first night! i am looking forward to Ireland the most too i think! just heard so many good stories and fun things to do there, sounds like an amazing place!! and i hear the coast will be awesome as well! oh what the hell, im excited for ALL of it!! lol what is your flight time into London?? im looking at about 13 hours……blahhh. ttys :-)

• 28 Apr 2011 Lorne said

Lorne

not sure why my post is crossed out with lines???

• 28 Apr 2011 Krystal2331 said

Default_avatar

haha mine did the same thing with the lines, weird huh, as long as we can still read it we all good
    I think i did a misread with the dates, so yes i have booked my flights right wooooohhooooooo ive got about 15hours of flying….thats what valium is for lol
    I’ll be staying at the Coutny hotel – same group that the royal is under but a little cheaper just for the 2 nights i’m there before the tour. Getting really nervous now as i think about!! We got a predeparture meeting to dont we ont he night before?

• 28 Apr 2011 Lorne said

Lorne

haha yay im glad you got your flights right! oh wow that is a long flight too, drugs will be a good thing! lol i havent heard of the hotel you are staying at but im sure its ok.. we will definitely have to meet up before the tour and see some sights and pubs in London since we are both there a few days early!! i know i am getting kinda antsy with this waiting game, i want to go now! i still have a ton of things to do to get ready, i actually got out my suitcase and started throwing in things i might take haha. ya lame…..

• 28 Apr 2011 Krystal2331 said

Default_avatar

hahaha!! Ive sorta got 2 exciting things going on at the moment so i think im in excitement overload, just bought my first house too so between the trip and the house i just cant let myself get over excited otherwise id burst lol Hmmm packing, that’ll take me 2 weeks to do, ive been told it should be nice weather but compared to australia it’ll probably be freezing woohoo trackies and hoodies, gotta love it :-)

• 29 Apr 2011 Lorne said

Lorne

well congratulations on the new place! thats awesome! i just bought my first house last year and im loving it!! haha ya the weather could be a mixed bag, luckily im used to it here so im sure i’ll be prepared! im a little nervous about this shared accomodation hotel room thing, i guess its a good way to meet someone but hopefully it works out well! :-)

• 29 Apr 2011 Krystal2331 said

Default_avatar

Thankyou!! I’ll be moving into it after the trip :-)
    Oh i missed that bit, shared accomodation oh dear lol should be very interesting, will get to know people reallyu well that way haha
    I did a essay on the Giants Bridge in Ireland in highschool and now just read that we will be stopping there to see it woohooo i cant wait, all the stories that go with all these old places are awesome

• 2 May 2011 Lorne said

Lorne

yes it will be interesting sharing a room! thats great that you have studied Giants Bridge! i will expect when we get there that you will stand up and tell us all about it!! haha :-) ya i have been looking at the places we will be visiting and they look awesome! i hope we see lots of the coastline, i hear its pretty sweet!

• 14 May 2011 CED said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys, I’m Courts…I’m on this tour too :)) Staying at the Royal National on the 16th aswell. So excited now, less than a month till I fly out. I’m from Gold Coast in Australia by the way!

• 14 May 2011 Lorne said

Lorne

Hey Courts!! im Lorne, great to meet you! im from Canada. thats awesome that you will be on the tour with us! it is going to be a blast! is this your first Contiki experience??

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion