Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Escapade June 8th, 2011

5 Apr 2011 Kelsey asked

Kelsey

Who is going on the European Escapade trip starting June 8th, 2011? I would love to get to know everyone before we all head over!

• 30 Apr 2011 Selby said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m going on this trip too! Where are you from?

• 30 Apr 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

Hey! Im from Pennsylvania in the US. Where are you from?

• 1 May 2011 Selby said

Default_avatar

Awesome! I’m from Alberta Canada. Are you traveling solo too? I’m so excited for this trip!!!! Have you been to Europe before?

• 3 May 2011 Explorer1248668 said

Default_avatar

I’m going on this trip too! I’m from Virginia in the US.

• 3 May 2011 Selby said

Default_avatar

Fantastic! Are you traveling solo too? Are you soo excited?

Default_avatar

As of now I’m traveling solo…a friend is still deciding if she can come. And I’m super excited!!! I’m so glad it’s only like a month away!!

• 3 May 2011 Selby said

Default_avatar

I’m a little nervous about traveling by myself but seeing others who are too makes me feel better. Have you been to Europe before? What day do you get in?

Default_avatar

I was nervous too but it seems like a lot of people do these solo! I went to Europe a few years ago with my parents and saw parts of Italy and Greece so I’m super excited to see a lot of other countries this time! Have you been before? I think I’m getting in the day the tour starts…so leaving the US on the 8th and I’m gonna stay in London for longer at the end of the tour. What about you?

• 4 May 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I’m traveling solo, too, but have never been to Europe before so I am very excited! Im leaving the US on June 8th and staying in London an extra day at the end of the tour, too!

• 5 May 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

So I was thinking about the trip and have no clue what to pack so I wanted your ideas…
    Are you bringing a suitcase or a big duffel bag thing?
    Are you going to bring a hair straightener?
    Are you going to bring heels for at night or just a nice pair of sandals?

Lemme know if you have any thought about this!

• 5 May 2011 Explorer1248668 said

Default_avatar

I think I’m gonna bring a suitcase cuz from all of the reviews I’ve read on here, those are just easier to handle. My hair is stick straight so I’m not bringing anything extra there haha. As for shoes, I’m just bringing cute sandals to wear and leaving it at that…takes up less room.
    So do we have to bring sleeping bags and towels and stuff since we’re on the budget trip?

• 5 May 2011 Selby said

Default_avatar

I’ve been thinking about this too! I am bringing a rolling duffle, easy to carry if I need to and easy to roll. I am bringing my straightener and blowdryer but thats the only hair things I am bringing. I am 5’1, so I’m bringing heals of some kind… but I saw on one of the discussions that they recommend wedges, so I will probably look in to that.

I think they supply the sleeping bag but I would bring a towel. I’m bringing a ‘quick dry’ towel.

• 5 May 2011 Explorer1248668 said

Default_avatar

Rolling duffle, that’s a good idea! And I’m really glad that they provide the sleeping bag…I was worried about how to make room to pack that! haha
    By the way, how old are you all? I’m 21.

• 5 May 2011 Selby said

Default_avatar

I’m a little creeped out about the sleeping bag… but i’m sure it will be fine. I’m 25.

• 5 May 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

Ok sounds good, and im 21

• 6 May 2011 Explorer1248668 said

Default_avatar

Yay! I’m glad we’re all around about the same age!

• 17 May 2011 Selby said

Default_avatar

Hey Girls! Getting excited? I sure am!! I got my contiki package last week and I’ve started shopping for the few little things I will need like a travel pillow and concentrated laundry soap. Getting very excited!!

• 18 May 2011 Tareq said

Tareq

Hey ALL ,,,,, I just signed up yesterday and I am excccccccccited!!!!

How come there is no Facebook group for this trip?

• 18 May 2011 Explorer1248668 said

Default_avatar

I’m getting super excited too!!! We’re getting so close to leaving!! I’m graduating from college this week and then I’m gonna start getting the little things too.
    And I didn’t even think about a facebook group…we’ve mostly just been talking on here so I guess no one thought to make one! You can though and let us know what it’s called if you want to!

• 18 May 2011 Selby said

Default_avatar

Hey Tareq! Are you traveling solo? Where are you from?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.