Community_discussions_small  

Question

Over 35 needs advice

7 Apr 2011 Explorer1243390 asked

Default_avatar

As much as i would love to do a Contiki tour i'm unfortunately just outside the age range. Can anyone direct me to other tour services that might cater to 30-40 year olds? Thanks!

• 8 Apr 2011 Explorer1119549 said

Default_avatar

Try GAP Adventures. I will also be facing the over 35 dilemia in a few months. I went to Antarctica and the Artic through GAP Adventures – they cater to single travelers, but of all ages, you dont’ have to be single though, but they do like Contiki and give you rommates so you dont’ have to pay an outrageous single supplement if you don’t want to. I’m looking at a GAP Adventures trip to Africa as my next trip!

• 13 Apr 2011 Explorer1243390 said

Default_avatar

Thank you so much for the responses i appreciate it very much. I am looking into GAP right now.

• 3 Feb 2013 Franz said

Default_avatar

i know this post is two years old but another company and this is the one my travel agent recommended for my Vietnam Trip this year is Geckos Adventures which is open aged and also if willing to share can avoid single supplements.It was the Peregrine Travel Service in Adelaide Australia where I am from that got me onto it sending me brochures.They also deal with Greece,Turkey and other parts of Southern Europe too.I got a shock of my life when I saw the price for the tour I am doing Two weeks from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi Christmas Time $1075,Contiki for something similar assuming I can get on taking into account 5% past passenger discount but due to being one year over age cut off having to pay single supplement $1613.I personally don’t think trying to get on an 18 to 35’s Tour as a 36 year old is worth just over half as much more and what if they tell me sorry there is no room.I am pleased I listened to the Consultant at Peregrine about the right tour to choose

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.