Community_discussions_small  

Question

Flights in the US

8 Apr 2011 Jess asked

Jess

Hi quick question from a travel newbie..
I'm doing the Western Highlights tour, ending in Vegas. In the contiki book it says the tour will end approx 11am.. will it be ok booking a flight out of Vegas at around 11.20am? Or do I need to book a later flight?
Any advice would be fab, thanks!!

• 8 Apr 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

I did the California Highlights a few years ago, we took your spots on the tour. If the itinerary is the same them you are already in Vegas for a night or two before the tour ends. In which case you can make your fligth for any time that day, 11:20 would be fine. Basically, after breakfast the bus leaves for Yosemite and you’re on your own after that. The airport isn’t far from the strip, maybe a 10 minute taxi ride.

• 9 Apr 2011 Jess said

Jess

Oh awesome, thanks!

• 14 May 2012 TBryHoff said

TBryHoff

Not knowing your itinerary, if cdm is right, then yes, 11:20 would be fine, otherwise no. Even if you are taking a flight within the US and not an international flight, I would not show up less than an hour before your flight (for domestic…more for international) and that gives you very little room for any delays (ie, long check in lines and security). I was actually shocked how little time it takes to get from the Vegas strip to the airport, but even with the midnight flight I took out of there the last time I was in Vegas took a good 40 minutes between check in and security.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion