Community_discussions_small  

Question

Europe - visas

8 Apr 2011 Nishaad asked

Default_avatar

I am from South Africa and am doing the european impressions trip.
What visas do I need to apply for?

• 8 Apr 2011 whythetorment said

Default_avatar

Hi, also from SA but we are going to do european encounter in oct.

Our travel agent said we need a Schengen visa and a UK visa. What they basically told us with the Schengen is, that you need to apply at the embassy of the country where you will stay the longest, or first point of entry. Which will be France for you.

Here is a nice link for you that will explain it : http://www.travelinsure.co.za/schengen_visa.html

Hope that helps.

• 10 Apr 2011 Nishaad said

Default_avatar

Great, thanks a lot.

• 18 Jul 2011 ilke said

ilke

Do you have to have all your Contiki papers (i.e full payment) before you can apply for a Visa??

• 22 Jul 2011 Nishaad said

Default_avatar

Yeah, the consulates usually require proof of payment to the tour operator as well as proof that return air tickets have been booked.

• 22 Jul 2011 ilke said

ilke

thanx!!

• 26 Jul 2011 MichaelZA said

Default_avatar

Also from South Africa – you need a Shengen as well as UK. If you’re from Johannesburg, the UK office is in Sandton City. You can only apply for a VISA 3 months before departure. They keep your passport while processing, so don’t try apply for both at the same time. Expect to spend around R1600 for both VISA’s, if I’m not mistaken.

• 13 Sep 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Hi I’m from Durban. can anyone tell me about the photo needed for the UK visa. 1 site says white background but the rest say cream/off white. I got a white background but am worried its not right.
    Also does Durban have a French embassy?

Thanks

• 14 Sep 2011 Nishaad said

Default_avatar

Hi Shaz. You should be fine with the white background as long as its not too bright.
    I’m not sure if Durban does have a consulate..I suggest you apply for your french visa via this site :https://www.my-europe-visa.com/FR-ZA/.
    I used this and it was quite quick and easy.

• 14 Sep 2011 ShazB said

ShazB

Thanks Nishaad :-)

• 6 Nov 2012 Sands said

Default_avatar

Hi, Im from Johannesburg, SA and im going on the European Magic departing 27th Dec 2012. What Shengen visa do i need to apply for and where?

• 7 Nov 2012 Nishaad said

Default_avatar

Hi Sands, you apply for the Schengen visa at the consulate of the country where you will be spending the most time. if you are spending an equal amount of time in 2 or more countries, then you apply for the country which would be your first point of entry into europe.

• 24 Jan 2013 Nelisha_N said

Nelisha_N

The Visa’s can only be granted three months before departure?? Is there an exception of some sort, I am also South African but will be in the US from May to September then depart to London and begin my tour there. September 6th 2013 – European Panorama. Any other possible routes? Seems like I’d have to come back into the country in order to get my documents and wait three months? Geez..

• 5 Apr 2013 Chandre A said

Chandre A

Hi, im also from SA based in Cape Town and doing London & Paris the first week in June, my travel agent sent me some info on the Schengen visa, its too long to post here and the link for uk visa is :www.ukvisas.gov.uk or www.vfs-uk-za.co or Tel: +27 (0) 861 837 221. I have to do both uk and schengen visa and busy getting all my docs at the moment for both.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion