Community_discussions_small  

Question

Has anyone done a New Zealand contiki before?

12 Apr 2011 Victoria asked

Victoria

I am just asking because I am wondering how popular New Zealand contiki tours are since it seems like not many people are responding to each tour discussion. It could be a coincidence that maybe no one is really starting chats on here but I know for my Europe contiki I met tons of people online through here before I went... :S

Was the bus even close to full when you went on a tour?

• 12 Apr 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

I did a New Zealand Contiki Tour back in 1998 if that helps Victoria and It was rather full on mine given It was around the time Australian School Holidays take place in December.I am considering doing another one if the price is right next year.

• 12 Apr 2011 Chelle79 said

Default_avatar

I’m going on one next week and believe that the bus will be almost full

• 12 Apr 2011 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

I am now thinking of doing one next year before I turn 35.I also did a School Trip to New Zealand back in 1990 and found it interesting.Very Safe and Healthy Place

• 17 Apr 2011 sparkyuk said

sparkyuk

yes did a tour last year and the bus was full and most tours have a full bus and i have done two tours in oz and the bus was full on both and going back to new zealand in november and doing a oz one at the end of november will be my 4th and 5th tours ok

• 22 Apr 2011 guthrdav said

guthrdav

I did a Contiki in Feb. It was 2/3rds, except for Bay of Islands. I think Winter would be a better time for NZ (with the ski season) as oppose to Summer when i went (except Bay of Islands, which is clearly a summer desitnation) Anyways, its alot of fun, and recommend it.

• 4 Apr 2012 snoopy7 said

Default_avatar

doing one in July.Auckland to Christchurch should be fun.visit Three to New Zealand.As I previously have mentioned did it as a school trip in 1990 which was a bit of a surprise to the people I met on my Contiki 1998/99 tour there.

• 5 Apr 2012 Michelle said

Michelle

I did a contiki in march but just northern highlights, It was a smaller tour but that made it even more fun and made us all a closer family :) When I joined the contiki I joined on to a pre-existing tour.

• 8 Apr 2012 AlexG said

AlexG

im going on an NZ tour on 30th June this year and the bus is full already :)

• 10 Aug 2012 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

How was your tour Alex?I did mine a month later and it was a full bus.some people were nice if a little quiet at times.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion