Community_discussions_small  

Comment

white water rafting + weather

7 Jun 2007 torbanger said

Default_avatar
double banger here guys -
i've heard mixed reviews on the rafting in the Austrian Tyrol? One of my friends said they were basically floating on a flat lake... yet all the posts said it was amazing!

also... the weather in europe in july? How does this compare to aussie summers?

yay! Smiler not long to gooooooo!
  • 7 Jun 2007 *kStar* said

Default_avatar

Im interested in getting opinions on the white water rafting optional in Austria aswell. I would love to do it just for the adrenalin factor but I have heard the rapids were fairly mild and the water is absolutely freezing and most people end up with a cold which I definitely dont want half way though my trip!
    European Experience August 6

• 7 Jun 2007 Steftacular said

Steftacular

I dont care, im gonna do it either way! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->
    Its all what you make of it right?

• 7 Jun 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by kStar:
    rapids were fairly mild –> yes

water is absolutely freezing -> yes … even w/ wetsuit

most people end up with a cold which I definitely dont want half way though my trip!
    > by this time, the Contiki Cough

will already be well entrenched in a few members (if not more) of your group. Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

quote:
    Originally posted by mattyvcontiki:

You should not do rafting if you cannot swim. Chances are that if you get bumped out of the raft (usually you choose to jump out or fall in during one of the flat sections) you will have to swim back to the raft. …

Side note … Everyone must wear lifejackets and the possiblity of a raft tipping is almost negligible

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.