Community_discussions_small  

Question

What is South East Asia like during May-June?

12 Apr 2011 ChrisG_UK asked

Default_avatar

I'm tempted to jump on The Big Indochina trip on the 15th May. Bit last minute I know!

My biggest concern is the weather over May-June as I've read that it can be very wet. Has anyone been on this tour or any of the S.E. Asia tours during these periods? What was it like? I've found a number of posts and reviews for January-March but none for these dates. Also found loads of recommendations about to going between Dec-Feb.

I'd loved to visit Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam...I just wonder whether I should hold off and go on a tour in January-February rather than risk May-June.

• 12 Apr 2011 AshleyJayne said

AshleyJayne

I’m going on the May 1st Big Indochina, and I’ve been told that since it’s the beginning of the wet season, it will mostly just be veeeerry HOT. They say there will be some showers, but like most tropical places it seems that the showers are usually short-lived and mostly just in the afternoon (good time for a siesta).

If you don’t mind 35C degree humid weather (with spots of rain) then it should be fine.

• 18 Apr 2011 ChrisG_UK said

Default_avatar

Thanks really appreciate the help, I think I’ll look to do this in Jan-Feb.

• 7 May 2011 adventurerlexy said

adventurerlexy

chris you should book the nov 13th trip with us!

• 13 May 2011 Forelise said

Forelise

As http://www.luckyvietnamtravel.com/ Vietnam has a tropical monsoon climate, dominated by the south or southwesterly monsoon from May to September and the northeast monsoon from October to April. The southern summer monsoon brings rain to the two deltas and west-facing slopes, while the cold winter monsoon picks up moisture over the Gulf of Tonkin and dumps it along the central coast and the eastern edge of the central highlands. Within this basic pattern there are marked differences according to altitude and latitude; temperatures in the south remain equable all year round, while the north experiences distinct seasonal variations.

• 20 Jan 2014 Danielle said

Danielle

Hi all! Just wanted to give you my experiences… I did Thailand, Cambodia and Laos in May of 2013, absolutely a must do trip. Typically the weather was great, albeit hot! Can’t say I really recall there being much rain. Visiting the temples in the heat can be borderline brutal so be sure to pack lightweight “temple attire” . Don’t need much else on this trip, just an open mind and a good camera. I would recommend this trip to anyone and everyone-just keep in mind that it’s Asia, sometimes there are little glitches beyond anyone’s control….In the end it’s well worth it.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.