Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thai Island Hopper West Spending money

13 Apr 2011 tigerlily_ asked

tigerlily_

hey guys im doing the Thai Island Hopper West departing on the 24th Dec 2011 :)
so excited as this will be my first trip overseas! everythings been paid for im just at the stage of saving money how much would guys expect to save for the eight day trip? im thinking $3000 +

• 13 Apr 2011 Sydz said

Sydz

I have a question aswell. I recently did the European magic tour, most of my money evaporated at an alarming rate when we partied at night. I don’t drink beer so I had to go for the more expensive option of ciders and spirits. Please tell me it’s cheaper to drink cocktails and such in Asia than it is in
    Europe. Or il be looking at saving another 3000$ (new Zealand) to get through the tour. As a student… That sucks!

• 15 Apr 2011 tigerlily_ said

tigerlily_

thanks Praha335Ci! you really helped me out..

• 4 May 2011 Racheee said

Racheee

Hi tigerlily! I was wondering the exact same thing as I am doing the same trip and departing at the same time!!!! Glad there’s other people going on this tour!!!

• 4 May 2011 tigerlily_ said

tigerlily_

Explorer1165901 – i was worried no one else was doing it either? :) glad to see i have fellow travel buddy! where you from?

Racheee

So was I as it is over christmas!! I am from Brisbane, Australia! What about yourself? Are you travelling solo? I am!

tigerlily_

yeh hopefully we get enough people for the trip :) im from toowoomba! yeh my first overseas trip… so excited.. tad nervous though… its gonna be sweet though!

Racheee

Hope we do to! This will be my second contiki, I’m goin to Europe in august as well! I’m staying an extra day before the trip as well! Well I can’t wait and excited that there’s someone already going on the trip!!! :)

tigerlily_

thats awesome :) im hopping to head to europe after i finish uni! wont be for a while though! im staying two days before and afterwards so overall 14 days in phuket!

Racheee

That’s awesome! I wasn’t to sure about being there by myself so I haven’t booked any post tour stuff yet!

tigerlily_

Yeh I was unsure but the days I do before & after the tour will be more shopping & indulging in massages! :) I’m 22.. How old are you!

Racheee

Very true!!!! shopping would be fantastic, how did you book your post tour accom? As my contiki agent said they can only book one day pre and post! And is it at the same hotel in phuket or a different one?
    I’m 20 :)

tigerlily_

shopping will be amazing! yeh i decided against staying at the contiki lodge (i found cheaper and nicer accomodation) and im staying two tonights at a backpackers near the hotel so ill just walkup there on the 24th and meet everyone there :) the last two nights after the tour ive gone all out and im staying at a 5 star spa resort ;) why not you only live once!

Racheee

Oh that’s amazing!!! And sounds so good! I think I’ll decide closer to December or something! I was thinking of having a few days in Singapore by myself as I heard shopping there is just as good!!!

tigerlily_

yeh true you’ve still got 8 months till the trip to decide anyway :) singapore would be sweet as.. ahh so many choices!

Racheee

There are so many choices!!! Well I’ll chat to you some other time? Or I’ll see you December :)

Oh and have you booked flights by any chance? I booked my and the cost me a fortunate :( but will be worth it though!

tigerlily_

Yeh flights all booked :) just over $1k so i guess thats alright for the time where flying :S
    talk to you soon! it was nice to meet you!

• 2 Jun 2011 Kimberley said

Kimberley

hey girls, im looking at booking this trip. glad to know their will be other solo travelers going. its my first trip overseas by myself kinda nervous about it.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.