Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Leaving Egypt at 4am after tour

18 Jul 2007 rachelle said

Default_avatar
Hi, Im on the egypt tour from the 10th thru the 19th and i leave on the 19th at 4am. will contiki take me to the airport or will I have to find my own transportation. if so do taxis run around 2am???? i am about to book my tickets and i want to make sure i can get to the airport lol. thanks
  • 19 Jul 2007 PinaI said

PinaI

Rachelle – Contiki will not take you to the airport, you have to make your own way there.

Your best bet is to try one of the following:
    - Contact the hotel you’ll be staying at and ask if they have transfers available and/or if taxi’s run at that hour.

- Contact the airport and see if there is a shuttle service or, again, transfers/taxis.

- Head to the aiport the night your tour actually ends, ie: the 18th, at about midnight, when taxis should still be running and then hang around the airport for a while.

Try google for info on taxis/shuttles too.

Good luck!

• 19 Jul 2007 Gryphon said

Default_avatar

Rachelle,

When I did my tour to Egypt in March, Contiki provided both airport pickup and dropoff before and after the tour. Unless they have changed that, it should still be the case. If you have provided your flight number to Contiki, there will be a local agent waiting to take you to the hotel. After the tour, the local agent arranged shuttle buses for us, departing every few hours so that people could take the appropriate shuttle bus to their flight. If you are on the 4am flight, think there should be a midnight or 1am bus to take you to the airport. Egypt was one of the only tours where Contiki arranged this for us, but do double check it with your travel agent / local Contiki office.

• 19 Jul 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Rachelle,

Gary (Gryphon) recently took this tour a few months ago so I suspect there has been no MO change – and he mentioned airport transfers were included for the Egypt tour. Otherwise, there’s a lot of time to ask your TM, Sherif what’s the best way to handle your departure situation during your tour.

- Vic

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.