Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thailand Island Hopper East 9th July?

22 Apr 2011 Veki asked

Veki

Hey everyone,
im thinking of booking the Thai Island Hopper East 9th July, anyone thinking of going or already booked for this tour?
First time solo traveler eeeekkk, any advice?? :)

• 3 May 2011 Delilah_Dash said

Delilah_Dash

I’m going :)
    Travelling alone on a tour is awesome, dont even stress at all!

• 4 May 2011 Veki said

Veki

Thats awesome :)…. you travelling alone?
    I’m just nervous about travelling alone for the first time and what its gona be like!!

• 7 May 2011 jordan-ashleigh said

jordan-ashleigh

Hey,

I’m also considering doing this tour, i will also be travelling alone.

The full moon party is on the 17th of July the day the tour ends, will you guys be going to the full moon or are your flights booked for the day the tour ends?

: )

• 8 May 2011 Veki said

Veki

Hey,

u shud def do this tour, the more the betta :)
    havnt booked my flights yet as im still deciding if i’ll be stayin an extra night for the full moon party…..

wat about urself?

• 8 May 2011 Delilah_Dash said

Delilah_Dash

I’m definitely staying the extra night- there’s no way I’m going to miss a full moon party- especially by one night!! I’m staying in Koh Samui for 3 more days after the tour too.
    And travelling alone is fine- I did a European tour solo and met so many people I didnt even think about the fact that i hadnt gone with anyone- by the end of it I had 25 new friends!
    you’ll find most people on tours are friendly outgoing adventurous people who have their minds open for new experiences and new friends.
    Hope to see you all there!

• 8 May 2011 jordan-ashleigh said

jordan-ashleigh

Yeah i have previously done lots of tours by myself and always have had an awesome time, one of the best was contiki in vietnam so i definately think this tour would be great!

I will definately stay the extra time for full moon, would hate to miss it, just wanted to make sure there were others on the same page : )

im hoping to book soon, just need to get some affordable flights haha

• 9 May 2011 krb said

krb

I’ve booked for this tour for the 9th of July too

I feel better now knowing I’m not the only solo traveller!

I’ve booked the extra night for the full moon party as well, I’m so excited i can’t wait!

Looking foward to meeting everybody :)

• 9 May 2011 Veki said

Veki

Thats awesome girls!!!

Thanx for all the info, i def feel alot less nervous about travelling :)

Im still looking at where i will stay for the extra few nights after the tour. Hoping to find some good deals, then i can go ahead spend my money and book haha

Looking forward to this tour =)

• 11 May 2011 traveler534050 said

traveler534050

Hey guys, I’m 90% sure I’m going to book this tour as well…Also traveling alone! Wondering if any of you were doing some traveling before the trip starts??

• 14 May 2011 jordan-ashleigh said

jordan-ashleigh

Yay, i booked! can’t wait! so I think on the last day of the tour its just a boat ride from koh phangan to koh samui, so i think i’m going to just book an extra night on koh phangan for full moon then make my own way back the next day- anyone else thinking of doing this?

Akmb- i’m only doing the tour this trip and a few days after in koh samui after unfortunately as i dont have much time. What travel were you doing before the tour?

• 17 May 2011 Veki said

Veki

Horayy!! I also just booked my flights today :)

Jordan – I’m staying 3 nights in koh phangan for the full moon, u shud def stay in koh phangan aswell :) however it took me forever to find accom as everything is pretty much full coz of the full moon!! :s
    The tour ends in koh samui…. u planning to stay in koh phangan and then get a boat ride back to koh samui??

Akmb – Great to here ur thinking of coming, book ur trip asap :) lol
    are you travelling anywhere else before the tour??

• 17 May 2011 jordan-ashleigh said

jordan-ashleigh

Yay that’s good to hear you booked to! Where did you book in koh phanagn? Yeah I think I’ll just end the tour in koh phanagn instead of heading back to koh samui, then find my own way there. : )

• 18 May 2011 Veki said

Veki

i noe… the excitements starting to kick in lol!
    I booked at Blue Hill resorts, its abit of a walk from the full moon coz i couldnt find anymore availability near it, but its still in haad rin so it’s about a 15 min walk, better than walking 30 mins i guess lol

where abouts are u looking at staying?

• 22 May 2011 jordan-ashleigh said

jordan-ashleigh

I just booked for two nights at the best western phanganburi resort for full moon which is good cos its pretty close to the full moon party. I was having trouble booking as everywhere has like a 3-5 night minimum stay.

I checked out that Blue hill resort it looks beautiful, i would of loved to book there but they had a five night minimum : (

Soooo excited!

• 22 May 2011 Veki said

Veki

Dats mad!! I was having trouble aswell tryna find accom coz of the whole 3-5 nights min stay. I prob rushed it which is why i booked at blue hill without realizing how far it kinda is from the full moon!!
    Not looking forward to the hike as much lol

I just checked out the best western phanganburi resort, it looks so nice and its really close to the full moon…. lucky u lol

yaayy less than 2 months to goooooo haha :)

• 23 May 2011 Tamra said

Default_avatar

Hi All,

I will be on this tour and this will be the first time as well travelling alone so feeling a bit nervous. I have also booked an extend night at koh phangan for the full moon party at Shiralea Backpacker​s Resort.

• 26 May 2011 dg123 said

dg123

Thinking of booking this tour as well… What are people doing before the tour starts? Bangkok? Phuket?

• 29 May 2011 Cherry said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone! I Just got home from my first Contiki’s, started with the East Island Hopper! This tour is Awesome!!!!!! You guys have the Best tour guide EVER, seriously you guys are lucky!!! Get ready to have Fun! I also did the Asian Adventure It was Unbelievable! Some good advise, dont plan too much Thailand is amazing and its so easy to get around, and book flight, ect…Stay aslong as you can! I ended up staying on the Island and canceling a week of bookings! I went on my own and i was so nervous, I had never been Overseas before, but i can honestly say i felt so safe there, I ended up coming back to Koh Samui from my second contiki and stayed a week longer on my own bc i loved it so much! You guys are going to have a blast Koh Samui( Chaweng beach) is amazing, the night life on the beach and intown is awesome, gettin a few extra nights there wont hurt! I hope you all have an amazing time! Ive already booked my return this year, Get ready to have the time of ur life!
    X

• 31 May 2011 ~kylie~ said

~kylie~

hey all

im doing this one too! its gunna be awsome fun!! cant wait! :)

• 3 Jun 2011 Veki said

Veki

Hey everyone….
    Yaaay, great to see ur all coming…. Its gona be an awesome trip!!
    Can’t wait :)

What times everyone arriving in koh samui?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.