Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern advice!

24 Apr 2011 katie asked

katie

Im just wondering im doing the Grand Southern in a few weeks and i would love to have some good advice on what to expect and what optionals are worth doing and is there anything anybody regretted not doing!
And any places that are good to go out to for a good night!

• 24 Apr 2011 Lotte said

Lotte

went on the grand southern last year and LOVED IT!

Optionals worth doing:
    Hot air ballooning
    Grand canyon heli flight – I did the 45 minute flight,
    make sure you do the rafting in colorado!!!! awesome, with great eye candy.
    ohh do the swamp tour thats awesome too..

Depending on the tour guide, but our one took us to the ghostbar, play boy club/bar…
    It really is an awesome tour, would do it again if i could,
    if you get the chance, in orlando – the hotel you stay at is near a place called old town, theres a huge ride called “sky coaster” i thin its one of the biggest DO IT. I did and it was freaking amazing,..

• 24 Apr 2011 katie said

katie

Thank you so much i leave on june 2nd!

• 3 May 2011 Aaron said

Aaron

Hey.. I did the grand southern last april…

Hey.. I did the grand southern last april…I agree… Definitely do the hot air ballooning and the heli flight over the grand canyon!
    We didnt do the rafting in colorado though, we went snow mobilling, which was heaps good fun!!

Hey.. I did the grand southern last april…I agree… Definitely do the hot air ballooning and the heli flight over the grand canyon!
    We didnt do the rafting in colorado though, we went snow mobilling, which was heaps good fun!!If you decide to join the group and hike the canyon, my advice is just to go a short way down… Last year, i hiked down into the canyon for 2 hours… it took me about 4 hours to get back to the top… Do not know how i am still alive lol…

We didnt do the rafting in colorado though, we went snow mobilling, which was heaps good fun!!If you decide to join the group and hike the canyon, my advice is just to go a short way down… Last year, i hiked down into the canyon for 2 hours… it took me about 4 hours to get back to the top… Do not know how i am still alive lol…you’re gonna have a GREAT time!! it’s a brilliant tour

• 3 May 2011 Lotte said

Lotte

oh yeah it always takes you twice aslong to walk back up..

• 11 May 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

I did the GS in Jan 09 and had a blast… It was my first holiday alone (all before then had been with family) I got to do the Snow mobilling and i actually think that was one of the most fun things i have done..

I also fell in love with New York , i thought before i went that i would fall in love with LA but i was ready to get going after a week..

Now i am gong to complete the US experience and am doing the Grand Northern in September… So Excited… :D

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.