Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE U GO!! HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE!! :)

6 Jul 2007 Kirsten :) said

Default_avatar
Hi All!! Smiler

I have noticed alot of people that are asking alot about clothing, what to pack, what to take... all the usual kinds of questions that people want to know before they go on their big trip...

I am not a contiki moderator, but i thought this information would help pretty much everyone... it has definitely helped me with my preparations for my trip!! Smiler

1. There is alot of information on this website that can help to answer your questions on just about anything.

If you look at the top of the EUROPE ADVICE forums page, there is forum at the top called:

Read Me... Frequently asked Questions.

If you open that forum, there is a list of topics which have links to forums which will answer alot of your questions... from what type of bag to take, hairdryers/straighteners, ipods, chargers, money... the list is huge... You may be able to find a topic to answer your questions quickly, rather than having to wait for a reply from other people...

2. The contiki moderators are awesome, they have great advice and have posted their own previous pre-tour checklists and an itemised list of what they packed!! Smiler

I found this to be the biggest help of all. Even if you are not going on the same tour as they went on, it is the best way to work out all of the little things you need to take, that you would never have thought of otherwise... i.e. medications, types of clothing etc.

2 great examples are:

Contiki moderator: Sarah Smiles post:

http://sarahssmiles.blogs.friendster.com/

Which is great for the girls... and

Contiki moderator: Ptooma post:

http://eastboca.net -> Pretour checklist

Which is great for the guys, and also great for the girls too...

Those are 2 helpful links that pretty much cover everything you need to pack, down to socks and jocks... Obviously each tour varies in length and the type of tour, whether it be Camping/Hostels/Hotels, so these little things should hopefully help give you somewhere to start, and you can modify them in accordance to your needs.

Hope this helps!! Smiler

Kirsten.

EUROPEAN PANORAMA - SEPTEMBER 3rd 2007!!

P.S. has anyone found this useful? or have any other suggestions of other helpful hints?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.