Community_discussions_small  

Question

Is it worth it going alone?

25 Apr 2011 Franny asked

Franny

I was planning on going on a Contiki tour with a friend next year. She can't go anymore but I still really want to go. Is it worth it going by yourself and do you make friends with other people going?

• 25 Apr 2011 Alex said

Alex

Totally!!! I travelled alone on both my past North America tours, and I was able to make friends easily with my tour mates, many of whom I still stay in touch with. Whether you meet them on the bus, while sightseeing or on nights out, you won’t finish the tour without making a friend. Put yourself out there, keep it real and leave behind any insecurities at the door, and you’ll have a blast!

• 26 Apr 2011 Gem said

Default_avatar

I recently headed off on the New Zealand Grand Explorer tour on my own. Most of our group were travelling alone and those who weren’t didn’t spend time in their own little groups. I’d made new friends before even getting on the contiki bus for the first time and by the end of the tour it was incredibly difficult to say goodbye. I have absoloutely no regrets about doing contiki on my own and would highly recommend it to anyone :)

• 26 Apr 2011 princess said

princess

Yeah, I rocked up to the vietnam experience alone and it turned out brilliant. It really depends on the tour, so your mileage may vary, but most people I’ve heard from have had really good groups. At the end of the first day I was already in tight with our first group, then when we joined the highlights tour it just got better – made some awesome friends who I’ll be keeping in touch with from here on in.

Rock up, be open to everything and make the most of the social side of the tour and you’ll be settled in quick as =)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.