Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Any1 going to Oktoberfest 2011?

26 Apr 2011 Tania01 said

Default_avatar

Hi all, I am going on the 5 day Oktoberfest from 22nd September. I have read on the official Oktoberfest page that you need to book seatings in the tents itself, otherwise you will not be able to get into the tents as they will be fully booked. Has anyone booked yet? There is a minimum reservation of 10seats if you want to book. Anyone want to book with me, as we are only 2 people going? I have contacted some of the tents, but no one has come back to me about the reservations, how do i book? Help!!!!!?????.

• 30 Apr 2011 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

best website ive come across in regards to making reservations is :

http://gogermany.about.com/od/oktoberfestinmunich/tp/oktoberfest_beer_tents.htm

From what ive read alot of people are saying that if you get there early, like before 11am you can still get tables, but whether that is actually the case i cant be to certain as this year will be my first year going lol

• 4 May 2011 Explorer1246990 said

Default_avatar

Hey, i wanted to go to oktoberfest on the 22nd for 5 days but since ill be on my own im not sure what to do and the tent booking confused me a little so i was just wondering if you had sorted anything out or if you had any advice for me. Thanks
    Paige

• 4 May 2011 Tania01 said

Default_avatar

Hi Paige, I have contacted some of the beertents about the reservation, and 90% of them is already fully booked, with minimum space still available during the day. They have told me that since we are only 2 x people, it would not be a problem to find a seat. You just go to the tents, and someone there will help you find available seats in the tent. It is mainly for bigger groups from 4persons + that will have a problem.

Default_avatar

ok cool thanks for that, it helped a lot, cant wait now :)

Default_avatar

ok cool thanks for that, it helped a lot, cant wait now :)

Default_avatar

sorry didnt mean to send that twice :)

• 14 May 2011 Robbo101 said

Robbo101

Hey all!

I have just booked the trip for 22-26th, and will also be on the bus from and to london! literally cannot wait now. will just me and my mate, and yeah now looking into booking seats in beerhalls for the three days! how have people got on with that?is it pretty easy?

• 26 Jun 2011 Jayde:) said

Jayde:)

Yes, the 27th onee wuth my best friend :) cant wait also been told its easy for small groups :)

• 30 Jun 2011 Zubin said

Default_avatar

Oktoberfest 2011 here we come!!!

• 2 Jul 2011 Robbo101 said

Robbo101

hey guys, so who is going on the coach on 22nd sept from london to munich?

• 4 Jul 2011 Zee1 said

Default_avatar

Me and my mate will be doin the London to Munich trek on 22nd.

• 9 Jul 2011 Christian said

Default_avatar

is anyone doing the 15th of sept or is that just too early to be going down to munich for oktoberfest?

• 15 Jul 2011 Tahly said

Tahly

Hey guys I just booked the Oktoberfest Contiki leaving on the 22nd!!!!!!
    I am SOOOO excited!!! My first ever Contiki/overseas adventure and I will be travelling solo. Someone has set up a Facebook group for anyone wanting to join in on the convo there the link is:
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/170576062998242?ap=1

• 17 Jul 2011 Kelly.NZ&Aussie said

Kelly.NZ&Aussie

hey! I’m looking at booking the 5 day one leaving from London on the 22nd! but this will be my first contiki and trip really on my own, so a bit nervous! but so excited about Oktoberfest!
    Does anyone know if its an absolute must to book the tents before you go?

• 18 Jul 2011 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

Hi Kelly, if your planning on going into a beer tent with a big group its pretty important to have a booking, but if its only a couple of people its not that much of a big concern,

• 25 Jul 2011 Explorer1270535 said

Explorer1270535

Hi! About to book for the trip starting on the 22nd. I’m going by myself, so a little nervous but SUPER EXCITED. I’m so glad to see that there are more people on their own on this trip. Does anyone know what time Contiki is leaving London? I’m trying to book my flights and would like to coordinate a good time. Thanks, see you guys. Really. YEA!! :)

• 28 Jul 2011 SarahTee said

SarahTee

Hi everyone! Yup im going on the 5 day trip leaving on the 27th as well. First time at Oktoberfest and im going by myself at this stage… cant wait! Gunna get dressed up too, has anyone elso brought a dirndle?

• 28 Jul 2011 LisaMel said

LisaMel

I just booked the trip leaving London on the 22nd. It’s my first Contiki trip and my first time in Germany, cannot wait! This is a much need vacation and Oktoberfest has always been a dream of mine. I am a total beer enthusiast, especially of the German kind! I’m flying solo, so definitely looking forward to meeting everyone!

• 28 Jul 2011 Aussie Lo said

Aussie Lo

HIIIII :)
    I just booked the 5 day trip this morning leaving on the 22nd :) woop woop…
    Aussie girl travelling alone and am doing 7 months away and will be based in Dublin! My profile is a bit old so will update it when i have a chance… also have fb if anyone wants to get intouch befor we go :) laurenthomson@y7mail.com have booked to stay one extra night in London befor heading back to Dublin… SOOOO excited… can’t believe this is actually happening!!!
    Better start getting used to the taste of drinking Beer!!! hahahaha :)

• 31 Jul 2011 Explorer1270535 said

Explorer1270535

hi! welcome! there’s a facebook page of people traveling on the 22nd if you want to join: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/170576062998242/?ap=1 there are quite a few people traveling alone, myself included (i just booked too!)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.