Community_discussions_small  

Question

money?

12 Sep 2010 Jenelle asked

Default_avatar
Im doing the winter wanderer on nov 24th, getting in on the 16th of nov and going home on dec 22nd.

my question is how much will i need in euros, pounds and swiss franks? and should i how much money should i bring in cash on the plane?

any help would help thanks.
  • 14 Sep 2010 AstroPhys said

Default_avatar

Can you state where you are from?

I think the suggestion for 3,000 of your home currency is about correct. It depends on if you want to buy things to bring back as well as pay for different experiences. Having 3k in the bank when you come over allows you to be very flexible on the type of things you want to do. I think some could get by with 2k in home currency.

If you are from the states using the Schwab bank card allows for no fees and gives you the exact daily rate for exchange. Which is great because you can can go to the ATM as often as you want and carry very little hard currency on you.

I just used the ATM and took out only what I was going to spend when the currency was not euros. When you take out Euros they are very easy to exchange and are accepted almost any place you go except the UK.

• 15 Sep 2010 Jenelle said

Default_avatar

im from melb, australia.
    thanks guys this really helped!! i was just sooo confussed, never been out of aus so all was a bit overwhelming!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.