Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone on the 32 Day June 28th Easy Rider ?

29 Apr 2011 Tania Lee asked

Default_avatar

My friend and i are on it and i was just seeing who else is on it?

• 4 May 2011 Jessica said

Jessica

we managed to get a room for two nights prior, we booked it through flight centre. Perhaps you could ask them to organise it??

• 4 May 2011 Tania Lee said

Default_avatar

Yeah jess and I did. But we went through flight centre.

• 4 May 2011 Courtney Blanche said

Courtney Blanche

Hey! My friend Jess and I are coming along too! We’re staying at the Royal National for the two nights before we leave :)

Getting so excited! We are both uni students living in Brisbane. Can’t wait!

Courtney

• 4 May 2011 Jessica said

Jessica

Hey Courtney,

What do you study in Brisbane and where? I’m in my last year of education at Griffith. We are also staying at the Royal National two nights prior. So you’re flying out of Brisbane on the 26th??

Jess

• 4 May 2011 Tania Lee said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    Yeah i also study at Griffith in Brisbane, last year at Mt Gravatt campus, where do you go?

Tania

• 6 May 2011 Courtney Blanche said

Courtney Blanche

I study Law and Psychology at Qut in Brissy and Jess studies Occupational Therapy at UQ :)

Awesome! We’ll have to head out on the town the first night!! Jess leaves Bris on the 26th but I’m heading over on the 2nd of June to do a bit of touring around Croatia, Hungary, Czech Republic and Germany! What airline are you with? You might be with Jess on Singapore?

Courtney xx

• 7 May 2011 Amanda said

Amanda

I’m on this tour too!! It’s so exciting to see other people discussing the tour.
    It should be a really fun trip!

• 8 May 2011 Lexi said

Default_avatar

im so excited! I think it’s going to be all aussies on the trip haha strange! hey how do we know like when to get to the hotel and check in and what time we’re leaving and everything? also, whats everyone doing about phones over there? are you getting an international sim?

• 8 May 2011 James said

James

Certainly looks like its going to be aussie dominated!
    When i spoke to Contiki people i was told we need to be at the Royal National at 7pm the night before to get our bags weighed and such? i might be wrong… but no idea what time we are kicking off on the 28th!
    Getting an international sim card is defiantly a good idea, if you have a smart phone and the internet connection turns on you get massive bills!!

• 8 May 2011 Tania Lee said

Default_avatar

Go the Aussies :)
    Oh ok, so i am guessing we are all mostly staying at the Royal National the night before? Should be good to meet everyone before we get on the bus.. I heard, somewhere, that we got on at 6am? Not sure on that though..What type of bag is everyone bringing?
    Im thinking of getting an international sim definatley as i went overseas once before and came back to a monster of a bill!! Im also not bringing a good phone, knowing my luck id kill my iphone or anything else over there.

• 9 May 2011 Lexi said

Default_avatar

i was thinking about bringing a crap phone but i dont think i could live without my iphone anymore! I’ve got insurance anyway haha :) cool im gonna get the one you can get from the post office i think that looks pretty good! also looks like its mostly girls haha strange!

• 10 May 2011 Simon said

Simon

hey all,
    Woah fully didnt except there to be such a big group of people on this already… Im 23, from wellington NZ. Just finished up at Uni, now cant wait for this trip to come!

• 11 May 2011 loxley said

loxley

i’m on this one too! it’s gonna be legendary – staying at the contiki hub for two days before the tour – think we should have some celebatory pre-contiki drinks then!

• 12 May 2011 Simon said

Simon

Keen for some pre drinks, sounds like most people will be in the hub..makes life easier finding each other… Im a lil worried ill be teamed up on by all these aussies! Anywat everyone feel free to add me on facebook, my email is simon_greig@hotmail.com or just look for Simon Greig Wellington New Zealand..

• 12 May 2011 Lexi said

Default_avatar

everytime I come on the contiki site i get more excited…I got all my contiki docs from the travel agent today yayyyy so excited!!! :)

• 16 May 2011 Simon said

Simon

43 days to go… pleaseeeee go quick! That reminds me lexi, should pick all that gear up soon 2 :)

• 16 May 2011 Tania Lee said

Default_avatar

Ahh the countdown.. its coming up so soon! Definately in for pre contiki drinks :) Yeah i have to go get my tour documents too!

• 16 May 2011 Lexi said

Default_avatar

yay :) ummm well my travel agent called me and told me they had arrived…so maybe ask your travel agent?

• 16 May 2011 Jody said

Jody

Wow it’s definitely looking like this tour will be Aussie dominated! Looks like I’m the only Canadian so far, go easy on me guys (no vegemite please hehe) I’m getting sooo excited, I finally started making a list of things to pack. It’s going to be so hard to fit a month worth of stuff into one little suitcase.

• 16 May 2011 Jody said

Jody

oh and I’m definitely down for pre-drinks before the tour officially starts! Pretty sure you’ll never hear me turn down drinks! It will be nice to have a chance to meet everyone and see what kinda trouble we can get into in London

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.