Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone on the 32 Day June 28th Easy Rider ?

29 Apr 2011 Tania Lee asked

Default_avatar

My friend and i are on it and i was just seeing who else is on it?

• 16 May 2011 Tania Lee said

Default_avatar

Haha i was only talking to a friend last night about vegemite! Ah i cant start the packing list yet, i have two assignments to go then i can.. brain hurts thinking about what i may or may not need.. Haha what kind of trouble we can get into EVERYWHERE :)

• 17 May 2011 loxley said

loxley

i’m screwed for packing! its not my forte at the best of times, especially with uni work! but im loving this group already – if you’ve got facie add meeeeeeeee steph_lox@hotmail.com cant wait! 6 weeks today right? hahaha yewww!

• 17 May 2011 Simon said

Simon

yeah im defo loving this discussion crew already :) cant wait to meet you all, ive added most of you on facey, feel free to spin a yarn… my mates are well over me talking about travel, me and tania have had a massive excited chat already, good to find people with like minds about contiki :P guess you have to be on this one to have it tho… its epic :D

• 17 May 2011 Jessica said

Jessica

haha don’t even get started on packing. My overnight bag is huge…let alone living out of a bag for 32 days. I don’t know how I am going to manage to fit clothes for 32 days and stay under 23kg!! lol

What are you guys doing for contact? Are you going to get a international sim or just email?? I’m undecided…

Also, Tania and I changed our flights today. So we are getting to London on the 22nd June. Only cost us $180 each. So happy we have more time in london now :) You guys will have to let us know when you get in, so we can catch up and get our drink on :D

Last question :D what are you guys doing for money? Are you using a travelex card or credit card??

:)

• 17 May 2011 Erin said

Erin

Hey all.. My friend Ashley and I are on this tour, we’re both from NZ arriving on the 25th. Would be keen to meet you lot beforehand :) Feel free to add me on facebook ebcartwright@gmail.com. Not long to go now!

• 18 May 2011 Simon said

Simon

I plan to get a cheap as phone when I get there… then throw it away after the tour, would cost heaps to do international sims etc .. For money, unsure but the travel agent was saying something to do with travelex card or similar… like can be topped up when u need it with no international charges?? Hope that helps jess :)…

• 19 May 2011 Lexi said

Default_avatar

simon looks like your not the only kiwi on the tour!

• 19 May 2011 Simon said

Simon

I know :) got some kiwi buddies now! Can have a nz vs aussie drinking game at some point :P

• 19 May 2011 Lexi said

Default_avatar

haha oh you guys are going down! haha :)

• 19 May 2011 Jessica said

Jessica
    are you sure you want to add another loss to new zealand? :p
  • 19 May 2011 Tania Lee said

Default_avatar

Hahaha best call Jess..yeah i think you should prepare yourself for the loss :)

• 21 May 2011 Simon said

Simon

haha its on :)… could do a country vs country thing… got canada,nz,aussie… sure there will be others! on a side note another lame day at work today, want contiki to be here already!

• 22 May 2011 James said

James

hahahaha a aussie v kiwi drinking comp aye? Simon mate, your on!
    Ben and I are flying in a night before the tour and staying in London for a week after the tour, then doing another 30 days of touring after that :P So our packing lists are massive!
    feel free to add me on “facie” too people :) James_Rowbo@hotmail is my email. i am always happy to talk tour, as my friends as well are sick of it :D
    Anybody taking their own pillow for the tents?

• 23 May 2011 Explorer1253786 said

Default_avatar

Hellooooo!! im Jess, Courney’s friend from Brisbane!! so excited – 4 weeks from today!! anybody leaving on the 25th flying singapore airlines at 11 45pm by any chance?? add me on facey – kajas91@hotmail.com
    cant wait to meet you all!!!

• 23 May 2011 ashley said

ashley

Hey people!! Im Ashley , Erins friend. Cant wait for this trip to begin and to have an awsome time with you all!! Feel free to add me on FB- ajconnell@windowslive.com ..
    : )

• 24 May 2011 Courtney Blanche said

Courtney Blanche

Ohh my goodness…This conversation makes my liver feel very concerned! So excited to meet you all! Anyone heading over earlier?? I’ll be OS from 2nd June :) YAYAYAYAY!

• 25 May 2011 Lexi said

Default_avatar

haha aaaah 26 days til i leave little old perth woooooo :) is everyone taking backpacks? I havent bought mine yet haha

• 25 May 2011 Simon said

Simon

Im gonna be the latest person there… will need drinking support on the night before we begin, ill be jet lagged as.. im sure a few of u wont mind joining me :).. @ lexi, im taking a daypack and suitcase.. im pretty dam unorganised at the moment tho… sooo stoaked with the people on this thread, defo heaps of good sorts!

• 25 May 2011 James said

James

haha dont thing so Simon mate, Ben and I fly in on the 27th :P
    dw Lexi, i will be backpacking it too, you can get some pretty nifty ones that have detachable day packs.
    bagworld.com.au is a good site to used and their in the city, Black Wolf is the best brand to look at :)
    argh i just want to be in France kicking back some cheap red wines and getting up to mischief now!

• 25 May 2011 Tania Lee said

Default_avatar

Haha definately up to helping you the night before with the drinking!! Im taking a backpack, black wolf, and it has the attached day pack that can come off. I am so so so unorganised!! need to shop asap!! The black wolf bag is amazing, and the zippers are all waterproof, i was a bit concerned with suitcases about dragging them across uneven camping ground so i got the backpack. they are really comfy and fit heaps!!

Oh red wine and mischief.. bring it on !! :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.