Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone on the 32 Day June 28th Easy Rider ?

29 Apr 2011 Tania Lee asked

Default_avatar

My friend and i are on it and i was just seeing who else is on it?

• 7 Jun 2011 Simon said

Simon

Was just a fill in retail job Jess nothing major, and I plan to live in Aussie after the contiki :D… So no more NZ for me! Time to use the degree I got huh…

• 7 Jun 2011 Jessica said

Jessica

haha you can never have enough clothes :) Yer my bag is hugeeee, I think a child could fit inside it.lol

Simon, thats alright then. So you’re coming out to Australia. When do you plan to come out here? Anywhere in particular you want to move?

• 7 Jun 2011 Simon said

Simon

Got a week in London after contiki to play around…. 3 weeks in sydney after that to try and start up there. The other option was Brisbane, but got 3 mates in Sydney atm that said im very welcome :).. who knows tho! ill see what you lot think tho during contiki… would gladly take advice

• 7 Jun 2011 Lexi said

Default_avatar

Simon dont move it to perth its boring! haha I got my backpack today, its got wheels aswell though which is good because i hate carrying stuff! I leave in two weeks and work is so stressful at the moment it feels so good hey haha cant wait to meet all you guys :)

I think im packing a few dressy things, maybe one pair of heels or wedges but lots of jewellery to dress up tops :) girls are you guys bringing hair dryers and straighteners? i dont think i could go seven weeks without them hey haha

• 7 Jun 2011 Courtney Blanche said

Courtney Blanche

Yes! Definitely taking my straightener…as for hair dryer I can’t be bothered. I have a backpack and a day bag and they’re already full! I brought a bit of a mix of everything…lots of tights and a few day dresses. I literally struggled to get a dress in this morning :) Very excited for contiki! I’m in Croatia at the moment!!! Loving Europe but can’t wait for contiki adventures! Simon you should definitely hit up Brisbane instead! There are plenty of Brisbanites on this tour!!!!

If anyone is bringing an iPhone definitely download the travel apps (there are heaps of apps for different countries and they’re really helpful) :)

3 weeks to go! :) :)

• 8 Jun 2011 loxley said

loxley

sweet – backpack with wheeeels seems to be the way to go, lock it in. definetly bringing my straightner but not hair dryer, ill compromise. and same mix of everything one pair of heels and lots of jewellery.

courtney is your iphone working well overseas? sooo keeen :)

• 8 Jun 2011 Simon said

Simon

I could be convinced to go anywhere Aussie ways :), you guys have 32 days to convince me where I should end up… Be aware tho during these 32 days, I might be some of the following :intoxicated,rowdy,keen to see the world,making friends for life :D.. .

• 8 Jun 2011 James said

James

You should be able to decide between the hangovers buddy!
    important question, who’s taking an iron? gotta say, i love nothing more then having a well ironed shirt :P but seriously…
    This time in 3 weeks we will be in France stocking up on wine!
    Hope your not all failing at exam study like i am!

• 8 Jun 2011 Jessica said

Jessica

Haha an iron…I have no room for an iron. I think I speak for all the girls!lol. However it’s nice to know that if we do need to iron clothes, we can borrow yours. Thanks for offering :P hehe.

Who is bringing their iPhone?? I’m keen to bring it and put a prepaid international aim in. Just deciding whether it’s safe to bring it…

• 8 Jun 2011 Lexi said

Default_avatar

yeah definitely not taking an iron haha just take clothes that dont get crinkly! i think you can get mini travel ones though, or just take your shirt in the shower and steam it haha :)

• 8 Jun 2011 Tania Lee said

Default_avatar

Haha no iron for me either, i have not even started packing yet. Failing at exams isnt happening just yet for me James, but failing at study for the exam is!! Working fulltime is making it extremley difficult to focus on exams. Then again, europe is making it hard to work fulltime… constantly distracted!
    Im with you on all the intoxicated, rowdy etc Simon!!

• 9 Jun 2011 Courtney Blanche said

Courtney Blanche

Yeah I don’t know what I would do without my iPhone. I bought a TravelSim from the post office and it’s so good :) always have reception (unless underground) and only 30c a message. It’s covered under travel
    Insurance so if you do lose it (which I highly doubt you will) you get the money back? I have skype too and there is wi fi everywhere. It’s very handy. I can call any phone in the world for 3 cents a minute! (or free skype to skype).

If you take an old phone you’re just as screwed if you lose it as if you took a new one so I just brought mine :) it’s easier!

Definitely bring a powerboard…it sounds weird but it saves buying heaps of adapters and means you can charge camera, phone & iPod at the same time! X

• 9 Jun 2011 Erin said

Erin

Thanks Courtney, so handy to know these things. And awesome idea with the powerboard! Getting more excited everytime i read this discussion :)

• 9 Jun 2011 Tania Lee said

Default_avatar

Yeah i agree, a powerboard was not something I ever considered. Best idea! All my music is on my iPhone so i was thinking of bringing it just to save time. Have to find out how much unlocking it will cost first though..

so soo excited!

• 10 Jun 2011 Courtney Blanche said

Courtney Blanche

Unlocking is free :) Just call your phone company and it takes two seconds!! That’s cool haha, will let you know if I have any other bright ideas.

Good luck with exams all!!! X

• 10 Jun 2011 Simon said

Simon

Ahh good ideas all round :)… Another one I heard is to have a quick drying towel (microfibre) saves weight and lugging it round… Seems surreal that its soo close, still havent packed tho! Works even going faster, and thats a mission!… see you all soon, hope you all nail the exams :)

• 10 Jun 2011 Erin said

Erin

I’ve got a couple of those micro fibre towels, they seem to be quite handy! I’ll probably end up packing last minute knowing me.. 2 weeks today til I leave :-D

• 10 Jun 2011 Jessica said

Jessica

I got my iPhone unlocked yesterday. I’m definitely bringing it!! Courtney did you get your travel sim in Australia? Is it pre-paid? And cheap calls back home??

Yep, got two microfibre towels. I’ve heard they’re great. I just need a camera and I’m set!

How’s everyone going for their spending money? What are you guys budgeting for?? I need to stop buying clothes for Europe, so I can actually spend money in Europe.lol. By the sounds of all this drinking…I may need more money.lol.

I spoke to a girl who did this tour. She went in summer and her words of wisdom are… to bring warm clothes as European summers don’t get as hot as Australia. Sleep on the bus wherever possible!! Peg tents in properly as tents flew away in austria :P Camping facilities are clean and well resourced, and Dont buy ‘fake brands’ items in Italy, there is a possible $5000 fine is caught!!!

Ok my mammoth rant is over. Night :)

• 10 Jun 2011 Courtney Blanche said

Courtney Blanche

Yeah it’s pre-paid and only cost me $49 from Australia post (If you have an iPhone 4 you have to ring and order a microsim but postage is free and it’s express postage which is awesome)….haven’t called home yet but they told me that it’s about 40c a minute which isn’t too bad….I seriously suggest getting skype though! You will save so much money if you’re bringing an iPhone :)

I saved about $10,000 for 2 months worth of traveling? We don’t really need to pay for much food on contiki and travel is what costs the most and that’s paid for too so purely spending really!

I’m off to Budapest tomorrow! So excited!!!

P.s. If you’re bringing locks for your bags buy the metal combination locks (no need to carry around keys and potentially lose them and also the plastic locks can break in your hand).

• 11 Jun 2011 loxley said

loxley

ohhhh man you guys have thought of so much i havnt! apparently i need to do more than just be like im going to europeeee yewww! so much to buy now. hahaha

do you guys have your money in cash, travellex cards, debit cards or credit cards? thats whats stumped me the most currently.

hows the weather over the courtney? having a blast?
    18 days till our tour leaveeeee – heaps keen! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.