Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone on the 32 Day June 28th Easy Rider ?

29 Apr 2011 Tania Lee asked

Default_avatar

My friend and i are on it and i was just seeing who else is on it?

• 19 Jun 2011 loxley said

loxley

Tania I get mine fixed tomorrow thankgod I’ll be screwed without it had all my info on it! And music!
    Simon I never thought of sickness! If any of you get sick take one for the team and walk instead of getting on the bus? Deal!
    Nickkkk where bouts you from? Hope you’re livers up to scratch!

How do we organise predrinks? Keep posted to this convo or make a facie group and put shit on there?

• 19 Jun 2011 Lexi said

Default_avatar

Dont we have a meeting the night before ? So we can just meet there yeah and then head out after? :)

• 19 Jun 2011 Jessica said

Jessica

Yes we do have a meeting the night before. It states that somewhere in the itinerary and that it’s compulsory.

Welcome nick. Hmmm yes I agree, we shall tie sick people to the top of the bus.lol. There are sick people everywhere at the moment!!! I’m dodging coughs and sneezes like a ninja

Exam tomorrow morning and then fly out Tuesday :)

I’ve got my iPhone. Hoping my travel sim comes by tomorrow otherwise I’ll have to get a sim over there. I just want to watch How I met your mother :D

• 19 Jun 2011 Nick Esplin said

Nick Esplin

Hey,
    yeah Pre-drinks sounds like a good idea.
    I am just taking a vitamin tablet very day, so I am hoping that it will do the job.
    I am using a UK vodafone sim, the rates over here are alright, It is like 23p per message (international).

• 20 Jun 2011 Chad said

Chad

hey guy’s, starting the big trip to England tonight!!!!! Can’t wait for pre drinks with everyone, i’ll see you’s over there!

• 20 Jun 2011 Jaime :) said

Jaime :)

Hi Guys!
    I’m jaime im on this tour as well, im 20 and from melbourne Australia, im sooo excited, so close now! i wish i found this forum earlier so i could have gotten to know you all! :D

• 20 Jun 2011 Simon said

Simon

6 day till I leave… soooo dam excited!
    Heya jaime, welcome to the contiki crew… What day to ya head over?

I reckon after that first night meeting we could hit a few drinks people?? makes it easier to find people haha

• 20 Jun 2011 Tania Lee said

Default_avatar

15 hours till Jess and I leave!! Chad are you on the flight tonight or tomorrows 12:40 flight?
    Welcome Jaime!!

Cant wait to see you all over there.. yeah simon after the meeting i am keen to go get a few drinks.. :) will be great to all catch up before we get on the bus!!

:)

• 20 Jun 2011 Chad said

Chad
    i have to catch a train up to Brisbane for tomorrow’s flight, i leave around midnight tonight and get in around 7:30 tomorrow.
  • 20 Jun 2011 Tania Lee said

Default_avatar

Well text me when you’re there. Jess and I will be there around 9:30 10 !! 0426266054. I won’t take my Australian sim out until I get on the plane :)

• 20 Jun 2011 Simon said

Simon

soo had a mild mare… went to get the free international sim thru the contiki site… all stock gone haha! Not ideal… maybe I should just wait till london to get one??

• 21 Jun 2011 Jaime :) said

i leave for london in 5 days, sooo pumped! definitely love to grab a drink with everyone the first night :)
    Hey simon today i got a travel sim from the post office, the rates are pretty good, maybe you could get one of those? :)

• 21 Jun 2011 James said

James

are we there yet….
    has anybody been watching the weather over in Europe atm? its raining and like 18C…
    Anybody else flying Thai Airways with a cheeky stop over in Bangkok??
    So jealous of the lot that flew out today, don’t get to rowdy before reinforcements arrive!

• 21 Jun 2011 Simon said

Simon

Cheers Jaime ill defo check it out :)! Dam ash clouds are over NZ again tho… heres hoping I get away in time! Its raining over there now, so it can be nice for 32 days i heard :).. Seems like half the crew on here went today, hope you all travel safe and have no hassles! see you all sooon

• 21 Jun 2011 Erin said

Erin

Simon, I don’t think there’s anywhere in NZ for us to get travel sims like them lucky aussies :p but a friend of mine was over in the UK earlier in the year and has recommended I get a Lebara brand sim, it’s really cheap to text home like 10p and from 1p for calls I think!! That’s what i’m planning on going with.

hey guys i know this may sound like a silly question, but are yous bring a pillow? i’m packing at the moment, ahhh i have no idea what to take!

• 21 Jun 2011 Erin said

Erin

No silly questions! (I had the same one haha) I’m just going to buy a cheap one in London and ditch it after the tour :)

ohhh that is such a good idea!

• 21 Jun 2011 Nick Esplin said

Nick Esplin

Yeah Jaime I had that question too, and I asked some people who had done a few tours before and they think that you just grab them from various hostels or whatever, Save the Space in your bag! And James the weather is that shit over here at the moment. Everyday I go out in long pants and a Hoodie. But that’s just London all the time. Everywhere Else seems to have nice weather!!!

• 22 Jun 2011 loxley said

loxley

oi just flew in, sneaky stops in hong kong but james!
    im grabbing a sleeping bag and pillow over here so i saved space.
    just spent what could only be described as a weeks worth of pay on duty free alcohol muhahahaha
    reinforcements need to to get here stat – 6 days!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion