Community_discussions_small  

Question

Olympics London 2012

30 Apr 2011 Alanna asked

Alanna

Hi, I am looking for anyone that is going to the Olympic games in London 2012.

• 4 May 2011 Leonie1992 said

Leonie1992

Hi! :) I will be going to the olympics, probably will be going on a Europe tour beforehand too :)

• 4 May 2011 Leonie1992 said

Leonie1992

Are you going on a tour?? :)

• 5 May 2011 Alanna said

Alanna

Hi, its good to see someone is planning on going to the olympics. I’m hoping to do a tour after, I’ve already done the contiki tour European Panorama so I’m looking at something different from that (like Eastern Road or the Uk & Ireland). What tour are you thinking about going on?

• 7 May 2011 Joey said

Default_avatar

Hey….my mate and i will be there at the time of the olympics, probably be on contiki while the olympics are on though.

• 1 Jun 2011 Rebecca Austin said

Rebecca Austin

European Contrasts – Thats the way i think i am going to go.
    We just need the dates to be released i am thinking June/July/August – hopefully 8 weeks if i can save enough.
    love to hear everyone elses plans

• 2 Jun 2011 Leonie1992 said

Leonie1992

so i didnt get the tickets i requested for the olympics which is a bit unfortunate.
    but the tours i am looking at are the contrasts or escapade.
    and will probably be looking at tours starting early july.
    if you guys have facebook, should join this group : http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_191726294207557&ap=1 ( hopefully the link works xD)
    theres a bunch of us who are looking at tours for next june/july :)

• 9 Jun 2011 Zoe21 said

Zoe21

I am looking at doing a 25+ day tour before the Olympics. I want to see the equestrian which starts end of july so need to be in London by then. I am then wanting to either do a COntiki or my own travel for 2-3 weeks to London and Scotland after the equestrian finishes on the 9th august. Where are you planning on staying during olympics?

• 9 Jun 2011 Zoe21 said

Zoe21

Hey have you sorted out Olympic accomodation yet? I have been looking at the best way to do it and have found a website where people are renting their flats out by the week for the olympics and there are some good deals if there are a group of people! I found one flat which sleeps 6, is right in central London and works out to be $550NZD a week each, there are some even cheaper i only had a quick look. Would be cool if I could get a group together and maybe do something like that xx

• 9 Jun 2011 Alanna said

Alanna

Hi, I haven’t looked much into the accommodation side of it yet. I’m wanting to see the gymnastics and whatever else is on when I’m there, which I think is in the last 2 weeks of the Olympics which is the first two weeks of August. Add me on facebook if you can find me – Alanna Jones or alannajones@live.co.uk

• 9 Jun 2011 franky h said

franky h

I’m going to be over there for the Olympics but I have missed out in the first round of tickets. Really not the best outcome :( http://www.wimdu.com/ But I’m going to travel anyway, I reckon I’ll just watch on big screens, it’ll be a laugh anyway :)

• 10 Jun 2011 Kaity said

Kaity

I think I’m just going to stay at the Piccadilly hostel whilst I am in London- unless I get a working visa then I will look at apartments, but I think I’m going to (hopefully) get a working visa for Ireland. Is anyone else looking to work over there? It would of been good to get Olympic tickets :) hopefully they will play it on some big screens :)

• 10 Jun 2011 Zoe21 said

Zoe21

I am thinking about it, really want to go to Ireland and scotland after the olympics :)

• 27 Jun 2011 Steff Bell said

Steff Bell

Yep definitely going to the Olympics! I managed to get Closing Ceremony tickets and Athletics :) Ill be staying with my friend at her relavites place in London, and then after that we also plan on going to Ireland. :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion