Community_discussions_small  

Question

Winter Wanderer March 2012

1 May 2011 Leana asked

Leana

Hi everyone!

Just seeing if there's anyone out there planning on going over early next year? I'm looking at booking the Winter Wanderer trip for 17 March. I'll probably do a couple of days in London before and after the trip.

L x

• 7 May 2011 AussieEmma said

AussieEmma

Hi, my sister and I just booked for this trip. Can’t wait!! :)

• 7 May 2011 Leana said

Leana

Hi Emma

I’m putting down my deposit on Monday for this trip :) Have you thought about travel plans for before and after?

AussieEmma

Hi, my sister and I have already paid for this trip. We are hoping to fly in on the Monday and spend some time in London before hand. Then after going to Edinburgh, Ireland and Disneyland Paris, so exciting!! But we’ve got ages to wait.

Where are you from? and what are your plans?

Emma :)

• 7 May 2011 Leana said

Leana

I’m from Melbourne and going solo. My plans are to fly in on Tuesday, do the London Explorer before the Winter Wanderer, stay a couple of nights after in London and then do a stop over for a couple of nights in Dubai on the way home.

The time will fly by so quickly!!

Have you started looking at flights yet?

AussieEmma

Nope, as we plan on being in Europe for just under 2 months, returning home in early May, so our return flights aren’t out yet, although we are going to start looking early next month, when our dates are out. We are going to fly Emirates though, I know that. What about yourself? Have you been to europe before?

• 8 May 2011 Leana said

Leana

I’m also going to fly Emirates, my dates aren’t out yet either. I haven’t been to Europe before, have you?

• 9 May 2011 AussieEmma said

AussieEmma

Nope, we’ve never been before.

• 9 May 2011 Leana said

Leana

You can book flights through Contiki for Emirates. I got told it was around $2169

AussieEmma

I’ve heard www.bestflights.com.au is good too, if you want to book online. I’ll start looking next month. Did you end up putting down your deposit today?

• 9 May 2011 Leana said

Leana

I’m going through a travel agent to organise everything, I thought just easier.

Yep I put down my deposit for the London Explorer and Winter Wanderer :)

AussieEmma

Aww that’s awesome!! Yeh we are too.

• 10 Jun 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

A thread just for the March 17th 2012 tour!
    http://contiki.co.nz/community/discussions/31035-winter-wanderer-march17-2012

• 28 Jul 2011 Explorer1271112 said

Default_avatar

hey everyone
    my husband and i are looking at booking this tour too. Just waiting on my new passport to arrive and then we will book in! Has anyone booked their flights directly through Contiki – they are really cheap!!!

• 28 Jul 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

Hi Explorer. Where are you flying from? I didn’t know Contiki could book your flights. We just booked ours. Went with Singapore Airlines from Auckland, NZ to London for 2500 return each.

Default_avatar

Hi Kimby, im from melbourne. Yeah you can book everything as a package. The airfares are really cheap – for 2 people return with V Auatralia/Etihad its only $2700 :)

• 28 Jul 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

WOW, is that total or each??

Default_avatar

that’s total!
    it seems too cheap but when i called them they said that they have affiliations with certain airlines and receive cheaper deals. I hope it doesnt increase by the time we go to book.

• 28 Jul 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

That seems way too good to be true!!! Works out to about half the publish fare! Hopefully you get those prices :)

Default_avatar

Yeah i hope so! I keep checking the website and the prices haven’t changed so unless I am missing something I will be booking these airfares. Will let you know

• 28 Jul 2011 Kimby said

Kimby

Where are the prices? On the contiki website?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion