Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Best of USA Departing September 9th 2011 from LA

6 Nov 2010 Hope86 said

Default_avatar
Hi, im booked in for this tour, im from adelaide, going solo, spending a night in LA before the tour and a night in NYC after the tour. Anyone else on this trip yet? cheers
  • 25 Nov 2010 DavinaRose said

Default_avatar

Hi I’m Davina from Perth- I’m booked on this tour starting in LA September 9 2011, travelling alone.

I’m looking at staying on for a few more days in New York if all goes to plan!

• 25 Nov 2010 Hope86 said

Default_avatar

Hi there, Yay finally someone else who is going on the tour! Im staying in LA a night before the tour, and at this stage one night in NYC after but hoping for a few more days…just waiting to work out whether im visiting a friend just over the border in canada or whether he may come to NYC in which case i’ll spend a bit more time there, hoping to go from NYC to miami for a few days before back to LA and home. End of the trip is a bit all up in the air though. Are you one facebook or anything like that? have you ever been on a tour like this before?

• 25 Nov 2010 DavinaRose said

Default_avatar

I’m hoping to stay two or three nights extra in New York so I can do some serious shopping!!!

I haven’t done a Contiki before, but I have been to the US previously (all be it when I was 12) and have travelled alone in Australia previously.

I’m on facebook – Davina Lonsdale.

• 4 Jan 2011 Peter said

Default_avatar

Hi – My name is Peter from Sydney, I just booked this tour (this is my 2nd Contiki adventure – previously tackled Europe in 2008), traveling solo. I plan to stay 2-3 extra nights in NY on completion and arrive 1 day before in LA

• 5 Jan 2011 Hope86 said

Default_avatar

Hi Peter, so far im staying in LA the night before the tour and have booked a night in NYC after. I plan on staying in NYC for about 4-5 days after. Aside from Davina a friend of mine has also decided to join us. Hope you’re well.

• 5 Jan 2011 Peter said

Default_avatar

Hi is it Hope? That sounds awesome! I haven’t booked flights/Accom as yet since it isn’t a definite departure date as yet, although I anticipate arriving in LA on the 8th (early morning). Are you on Facebook?

Btw did you send me a private message? I got an email notification but have no idea how to open it

• 6 Jan 2011 Jess said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,

I’m also looking at jumping on this tour. It looks fantastic. I am planning to arrive in LA a day before, and then continue on in NYC a few days after the tour is over. I will be travelling solo.

• 13 Jan 2011 LouiseEmma said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,

I am looking at booking this tour when I get home from work next week, I can’t wait!! My name is Louise, I am 21 and from Perth. This is my second contiki, I did the European Panorama in 2009 with my sister. I will be doing this trip solo though. Will probably arrive in LA on the 7th and will spend an extra 4 days in NY once the tour is over. Then I am heading to Canada for a week and a half to visit my old contiki friends who live there. The tour now shows up as a confirmed departure which is great!! You can find me on facebook, my full name is Louise Dickson.

xx

• 14 Jan 2011 Hope86 said

Default_avatar

Hi Louise, im having trouble finding you on facebook. You’re lucky getting to go to canada afterwards…i had hoped to as i have a french canadian friend there, however money and time wont permit so he’s coming to see me in New York instead! Can’t wait for this holiday, counting down the months xx

• 14 Jan 2011 LouiseEmma said

Default_avatar

oh bummer, if you search lou1600@hotmail.com that should work, I forgot that there is probably more then 1 Louise Dickson on facebook Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

I can’t wait to get to New York, I have wanted to go for years!

• 14 Jan 2011 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,

Im hoping to get onto this tour but it will depend on the dates I can get off work. Hoping to find out in a week or so. Im from adelaide and have done 4 american tours before. I’d prefer to do a different tour but a couple of my friends want to go and see only those cities. Theyre all awesome so im keen to go back and see and do stuff I missed out on the first time. I’ll probably go to Hawaii for a week after the tour to unwind.

Aaron

• 16 Jan 2011 Hope86 said

Default_avatar

hi aaron if you do book let us know. im from adelaide also.
    beth

• 16 Jan 2011 SthOzLad said

Default_avatar

Good to see someone else from Adelaide on a tour. The ones I’ve done there was just me and 1 other from Adelaide. I’ll hopefully get to go on this one, otherwise it’ll be one of the other sept/oct departures. I’ll keep you updated.

• 17 Jan 2011 DavinaRose said

Default_avatar

I’m so excited! So good to see more people joining the tour, eight months to go!!

• 17 Jan 2011 NicsAdventure said

NicsAdventure

Hi Everyone!!

My name is Nic! Me and my best friend Laura are on this tour!! We fly over to LA on Sept 6th and have a few nights in LA before the tour and then we have 1 or 2 nights in NYC and then we are heading off to Toronto for about a week after the tour to meet some friends!
    I have made a facebook page for everyone doing the Best of USA tour!!
    Please like it or join it or whatever you do!!
    Here is the link!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

http://www.facebook.com/pages/…3734343976452?v=wall

Nic!!

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 17 Jan 2011 NicsAdventure said

NicsAdventure

Oh and you can search for us on facebook

NIC ROBERTSON AND
    LAURA JONES

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Jan 2011 Jess said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,

I’m looking at joining this tour. It sounds amazing. I’m Jess, 26 from Perth and I will be travelling solo. Ideally I will be staying on in NYC for a few days after the tour is over. Looking forward to it.

• 26 Jan 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

Hi Guys,
    Im looking at doing this tour. If all goes well with saving money i will be in New York for my 21st. I’m Ashlie from Adelaide and will be travelling solo and a little bit nervous about travelling solo.

• 26 Jan 2011 Hope86 said

Default_avatar

Hi Ashlie, im from adelaide also, semi travelling solo, nervous also…when i booked it was solo but i may have a friend coming with me. what date is your birthday? i’ll be celebrating my 25th in NYC. this trip is pretty much my present to myself :). I hope you save the money so you can join us. ive just booked flights and only paid the deposit for the tour. will be saving to the last minute but i think it’ll be worth it.

• 26 Jan 2011 Ashlie said

Ashlie

Who are you flying with? I’m not sure who to fly with. My birthday is the 25th of September so im looking to spend a couple of nights in new york after the tour ends. I was going to go on the tour with my boyfriend but hes not keen on travelling.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion