Community_discussions_small  

Question

Advice on Spending Money..?!

4 May 2011 Racheee asked

Racheee

Hi everyone,

What is everyone's advice on spending money over in Europe?
I know it also depends on how you spend your money personally as well!
But just out of curiosity what have people spent and how long you were over there?
I'm sure this would also help heaps of people!

I'm going to Europe for 3 weeks in august and was thinking of taking about $3,000 (Australian Dollars)!

Any suggestions would be super handy!!

:) :)

• 4 May 2011 Gavin C said

Default_avatar

normaly you budget for about 100-150 uros a day and it depends if you are doing the extra’s and how big of a drinker or eater you are as only some meals are included.

im doing a 2 week spainish spree and ive factored 150

uro a day its always good to have to much then not have
    enough and miss out ……

Are you getting a cash passport like a travelex cash passport or you going debit/ Credit card? also just a side note keep a eye out on the exchage rate www.x-rates.com/d/AUD/EUR/graph120.html gives you a good idea about the exchange rate over 120 days like december 29th would of been a good time to buy but not april 18th

• 17 May 2011 Brooke2010 said

Brooke2010
    hi rachee.. im going to europe next week for just over 3 weeks.. i have budgeted 150 euro a day plus all the optional which added up to around 600 euros so i have $5000 australian money to convert to euros.. its best to have a bit extra then not enough..
  • 18 May 2011 Racheee said

Racheee

Hi Brooke,
    Thanks for that! My tour is only about 2 and a half weeks! So i was hoping to save around $2,500 – $3,000 Australian and then money for my optionals which will be about 250 euros, but i also have my credit card if i really feel the urge to spend more then that! I just thought it would be good to hear what other people are taking or have taken over so people get an idea!

• 18 May 2011 HueChen said

HueChen

For food, drink, excursions you can get away with 70 euro on the low end and you probably won’t spend more than 125 euro per day on the high end.

• 28 May 2011 Monja said

Default_avatar

What would be a good ammount to take on a 10 day tour? I am doing Italian Espresso….Any help would be awesome!!!!

• 2 Jun 2011 Ivy411 said

Ivy411

Hi Rachee, im in the same boat as you. Im going for 3 weeks in August and am takin $3000AUD with me… Fingers crossed its enough. Which tour will you be doing?

• 2 Jun 2011 Racheee said

Racheee

Hi Ivy, I am doing the London to Rome on the 23rd! My fingers are crossed that $3000AUD will be enough! :)

• 3 Jun 2011 Ivy411 said

Ivy411

Hey Rachee that’s the same tour I want to do too hopefully we can be on the same trip. I’m on Facebook if you’d like to add me we can chat further there – Ivy Zaiya

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion