Community_discussions_small  

Question

Say hola! to South America!!

5 May 2011 Beks asked

Beks

We're so excited to let you know ….we’re going to South America!! EPIC!!

We’re going to be visiting Argentina, Brazil and Peru, and taking you to all the big sites, like Machu Picchu, Iguassu Falls, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires and a whole lot more.

Our group sizes will be smaller, the accommodation is outstanding (hotels right in the middle of the action, and a Special Stay in an ecolodge in the Amazon Rainforest), and we’ll be mixing up the transport with flights for the long distances (included!), mini-vans, trains, boats and more.

And you can choose to hike the Inca Trail or spend an adventurous day in the Sacred Valley. There’s plenty of free time to explore on your own too.

Check out all about South America and our exciting new tours here: http://contiki.com/south_america

TO CELEBRATE, we’ve got 5 AWESOME trips for 2 to be won to South America! Play ‘Pin me if you can’ to win. Simply watch the clues and pin the locals where you think they are on the map. You can play it here: www.pinmeifyoucan.com

So who else is excited???

• 22 May 2011 neil_jacobs said

neil_jacobs

Hey Gail,
    im doing the adventurer tour, so your one will will link up with mine i think. :-)

• 22 May 2011 Gail2002 said

Default_avatar

Hi Neil,
    it’s great to find someone else that will be on my tour. I wasn’t sure how popular it would be since it’s over Christmas. Have you done a Contiki tour before? I’ve got an Australian one booked up for July. I’ll be living on beans and toast the rest of the year to pay for it all!

If you want to add me on Facebook my email is gmcguinness2002@hotmail.com or search Gail McGuinness :)

• 23 May 2011 neil_jacobs said

neil_jacobs

hey, yeah i’ve been on alot of contiki tours. this will be number 8 i think. it will be alot of fun!! i did a NZ one over xmas/new years and it was a full tour…im sure this one will be the same :-) ill add you now

• 26 May 2011 AzDav89 said

AzDav89

Booked Andes and Amazon Highlights – Nov 18th. Anyone else on this?

• 5 Jun 2011 Stephanie said

Default_avatar

Wooohooo just booked my trip to Peru (Inca Panorama Reversed) to depart Dec 27 2011 anyone else!?!?
    Can’t wait.

• 15 Jun 2011 Explorer1259969 said

Default_avatar

hey all!
    me and a few mates are looking at the argentina brazil tour on december 24th. any suggestions? anyone else going? and is there any other reccomendations for around the xmas time of year?
    cheers!

• 15 Jun 2011 Gail2002 said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m booked up for the Argentina/Brazil experience on the 24th December. Can’t wait!!!!!! You should definately book up. How many of you are thinking of booking up? Gail

• 14 Aug 2011 Soulseeker said

Soulseeker

iam soo excited to say me and a girlfriend of mine will be doing the february tour !!! anyone else planning on going this month .. id love to meet some great new life long friends :) i cant wait. this trip is a much needed one !!!!

• 6 Sep 2011 Alan-au said

Default_avatar

are the tours :The Adventurer (Peru reversed), Peru Uncovered (reversed), and Inca Panorama (reversed) all connected?

• 6 Sep 2011 Beks said

Beks

Hi Alan-au, the Peru section is all connected, so you’ll have some people carrying on to other parts :)

• 7 Sep 2011 Alan-au said

Default_avatar

Thanks Beks, cant wait :)

• 10 Sep 2011 Explorer1288576 said

Default_avatar

These are the most “European” areas of South America, so many of the cultural differences you may be seeking (ie indigenous people etc) may be lacking in these areas.

• 10 Sep 2011 Explorer1288576 said

Default_avatar

These are the most “European” areas of South America, so many of the cultural differences you may be seeking (ie indigenous people etc) may be lacking in these areas.

• 12 Dec 2011 Reka803 said

Reka803

Hello,

I have 2 quick questions will Contiki add a Peru and Argentina trip together for 2012. I would love that Peru uncovered for 2 weeks sounds amazing but add in Argentina it would be great 1 week in each country and when is the warmest time to go in the year for Peru right now many thanks. I did 3 Contiki’s this year 2 to Simply Italy ( July and November amazing) and Spanish Spree in Sepetmber some people on the tour made other people lives miserable but there were a few nice historical places but the people were insance and drunk 24/7 just had to give my opinions in case someone has a friend or friends who are thinking aboout goingon Spanish Spree. My name is Reka , nice to meet everyone!:))

• 13 Dec 2011 Beks said

Beks

Never say never. We’re adding tours all the time and we’ve just added Rio Carnival as well as a heap of additional departures – South America is proving to be VERY popular so if there’s enough demand then we’ll certainly look at it. At the moment though we just have either Peru on its own or Peru + Argentina & Brazil. Best site for checking out the weather is www.wunderground.com.
    ~Beks

• 13 Dec 2011 Reka803 said

Reka803

Thank you so much. I can’t wait to go to South America I saw some pics of Peru and its beautiful. I love Contiki so much. I meet nice people, and I love to see famous cities and historicals sites too!! :) PS And of course the clubs loves to dance!!

• 14 Dec 2011 Claire_3 said

Claire_3

Hi,
    I am booked onto the Argentina and Brazil experience (not the one including Peru), for 28th April 2012. – anyone else booked on this date? …I haven’t even looked into the visa situation yet so the comments below are pretty worrying, I obviously need to get on with it!

Also, does anyone know which of the airports in Argentina would be best for me to fly into?

Claire :-) x

• 15 Dec 2011 Alan-au said

Default_avatar

Hi Contiki team :)
    Do we need to bring a sleeping bag for the South America tours like on the Europe tours, or will there be bedding supplied in the stopovers?

• 15 Dec 2011 Beks said

Beks

Hi guys,

@Claire – check with your local embassy about visas (things change all the time so they’ll have the most up-to-date info). For a rough guide, you can check out some info here: http://contiki.com/m/travel-resources/visa-information-2. The main airport in Buenos Aires is Ezeiza International Airport (EZE).

@Alan – no, the accommodation is all hotel-style so bedding is provided, even at the jungle lodge. Our team have hand-picked some quite nice hotels to stay in – some have lovely views.

Does anyone have any extra room in their luggage for me to squeeze in to??

~Beks :)

• 15 Dec 2011 Alan-au said

Default_avatar

Awesome more room in my bag now :) hehe how do you feel about fitting into a rucksack? thanks Beks

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion