Community_discussions_small  

Question

Say hola! to South America!!

5 May 2011 Beks asked

Beks

We're so excited to let you know ….we’re going to South America!! EPIC!!

We’re going to be visiting Argentina, Brazil and Peru, and taking you to all the big sites, like Machu Picchu, Iguassu Falls, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires and a whole lot more.

Our group sizes will be smaller, the accommodation is outstanding (hotels right in the middle of the action, and a Special Stay in an ecolodge in the Amazon Rainforest), and we’ll be mixing up the transport with flights for the long distances (included!), mini-vans, trains, boats and more.

And you can choose to hike the Inca Trail or spend an adventurous day in the Sacred Valley. There’s plenty of free time to explore on your own too.

Check out all about South America and our exciting new tours here: http://contiki.com/south_america

TO CELEBRATE, we’ve got 5 AWESOME trips for 2 to be won to South America! Play ‘Pin me if you can’ to win. Simply watch the clues and pin the locals where you think they are on the map. You can play it here: www.pinmeifyoucan.com

So who else is excited???

• 5 May 2011 Kate said

Kate

Hola South America!! Me… i am super excited.. can’t wait to book my south america contiki tour…

• 5 May 2011 Shiona said

Shiona

Oh I am sooo looking forward to this.. I have always wanted to go to South America!! Thinking sometime in 2012 :D

• 5 May 2011 Jennieva30 said

Jennieva30

soooooo exciting!! :) I can’t wait!!

• 5 May 2011 squirrelpaws said

squirrelpaws

when will the dates for feb 2012 be up?

• 6 May 2011 scottmac said

scottmac

Just remember that a visa for brazil (coming from Canada) is a bit of a pain. I had to send over 10 pages of documents to the embassy just for a basic 2 1/2 week trip to Rio.

Send the documents and then just wait. No reason to call, they never, ever, ever answer their phones.

I hope everyone has a blast though, I know I enjoyed the weather and experience of Rio a lot.

• 6 May 2011 Beks said

Beks

Hey Squirrelpaws, all available dates should be up
    Thanks for the info Scott.
    ~Beks :)

• 6 May 2011 ChrisSoll48 said

Default_avatar

This is excellent news! What a great destination for winter travel from the states. I’ve always wanted to go to SA but didn’t know where to start. I’m confident contiki will make it easy and fun. Now all I need is some funds!

• 9 May 2011 LadyRainbow said

LadyRainbow

OMG! So excited to hear that Contiki now go to South America! A friend from Contiki and I are already talking about doing a tour!

• 9 May 2011 Kate said

Kate

Which tour LadyRainbow?

LadyRainbow

No idea just yet Kate…I still wanna go back to Europe! But I’d LOVE to see Argentina and party in Rio:D

• 9 May 2011 Kate said

Kate

yes same i would love to go back to europe… and in 8 months i will be back partying it up in Paris for new years.

Argentina & Brazil experience Tour has been eyeing me ever since it was annouced…

LadyRainbow

Ah lucky. I HOPE to do one of the camping tours later in the year, but we’ll see:)

Yep the Argentina & Brazil experience has peaked my interest too!

• 9 May 2011 Elena said

Elena

Oh! This is awesome! I’m wondering if the hotels close to Mayan sites will cost more around Dec 2012 due to a larger number of tourists? xD

• 9 May 2011 Kate said

Kate

Argentina & Brazil Experience booked this morning for June 2012…. Now the saving begins xD

LadyRainbow

Lol @ Elena’s comment. Love it:D

• 10 May 2011 neil_jacobs said

neil_jacobs

just booked the adventurer 10th dec! can’t wait :-)

• 10 May 2011 Traveller Cape Town said

Default_avatar

I have some time off in August (2nd week). But I see the tours only start in Novemeber. Are there any tours to South America (Brazil, Argentina, Peru) in August…. or is it too cold at that time of year?

• 10 May 2011 Beks said

Beks

Hi,
    There’ll be tours next August, but we don’t start running our South American tours until November.
    Kate & Neil – AWESOME!!!
    Elena – I’d say those tours will be exceptionally popular ;)
    ~Beks

• 10 May 2011 Conitki4life said

Conitki4life

Hello everyone,

I have been to Brazil in August and it was still quite warm. The beaches in Rio are beutiful. August is their winter though. If you really want the scorching hot weather, then you have to go in their summer (Dec, Jan, Feb).

I am looking at Contii’s Peru trips, as I have always wanted to visit Montu Pichu!

As for the Brazillian visa’s yes they are a hassle to get but well worth it! I’m not to sure how it works in other countries, but I am from Canada and I received my stamped visa within a month of my trip. The only scary thing is having to send your passport to the Brazillian consulats and hope that you get it back in time for your trip. Everything worked out for me in the end and I can say that Brazil is awesome:)

• 19 May 2011 Gail2002 said

Default_avatar

Just booked up for the Argentina & Brazil experience Tour on 24th December. Can’t wait!! Anyone else going on this date? Gail

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion