Community_discussions_small  

Question

Scotland & Ireland trip in September

6 May 2011 Debs06 asked

Debs06

Hi :D This is my very first trip with Contiki & i'm excited & nervous at the same time! I'm going on the Scotland & Ireland trip in September. Is anyone else going?

• 9 May 2011 SallyAttree said

SallyAttree

I just booked this trip for September 18th! This is also my first Contiki trip and I’m travelling alone.

• 10 May 2011 Debs06 said

Debs06

Hi Sally, I’m Deborah. How are you? :) I’m traveling alone too. I’m excited & nervous at the same time hehe.

• 10 May 2011 Explorer1226266 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys I’m Holli , im booked for this trip for September 5th so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 10 May 2011 SallyAttree said

SallyAttree

Hey guys! I just booked my flights and I can’t stop smiling! I’m so excited. Deborah, what tour in sept are you doing?

• 13 May 2011 Debs06 said

Debs06

Im going to scottland & ireland….

• 13 May 2011 Debs06 said

Debs06

on the 25th September…..& i’m traveling alone so i thought I’d see if anyone was going on that trip…

• 15 Jun 2011 HD1712 said

HD1712

Hey people i’m doing the GB, Scotland and Ireland starting 16th Sept so believe this links up with yours.
    I’m Heather from Adelaide really looking to getting over to Uk will be first time there but this will be like my 7th contiki tour done mainly travelled the USA tours and have had a ball each and every time.
    Look forward to hearing from anyone on tour.

• 16 Jun 2011 Debs06 said

Debs06

Hello Heather. I have heard that contiki tours are awesome, so i was brave enough to book one to Scotland and Ireland for september 25th. I’m travelling on my own. Though i cant find anyone else that is going my date haha….think maybe i’m going alone O.o

• 22 Jun 2011 HD1712 said

HD1712

Hi Debs,
    Lol don’t think you’ll be the only one, there will be others joining no doubt at same time as yourself.
    Don’t be frightened contiki is a great way to meet new people and make new friends all over the world even if most of the travellers are aussies :-)
    Think this tour is a guaranteed departure so at least don’t have to worry about cancellations. Well look forward to meeting everyone not to long to go now.

• 19 Aug 2011 Megs7 said

Default_avatar

Hey Debs, I’m on your tour! Scotland and Ireland 26th! Travelling alone too so we can be single travellers together :)

• 19 Aug 2011 Debs06 said

Debs06

yay another single traveler….(& i say that in a non creepy way) lol It’s good to meet you Meg. Where are you from etc? :))
    I can’t wait for this trip…..I’m so excited!

• 4 Sep 2011 Jamie1982* said

Default_avatar

Hi Debs, I am going on the Scotland/Ireland tour on September 25th. I am travelling on my own too! I’m glad there will be others:) It’s my 2nd contiki trip. I did a the European Discovery a few years ago with a good friend and it was a blast. Look forward to meeting you:) Jamie

• 4 Sep 2011 Dane88 said

Default_avatar

hey guys, im dane i am going on the great britain and ireland tour, which begins on the 9th of sept, im travelling alone, just wondering if anyone esle is going

• 28 Aug 2012 Hunter9 said

Hunter9

Hi guys I noticed you did this tour last september… im leaving in a week and a half, second contiki tour this year, just wondering how the weather was, how the trip was, any advice for me and fellow travellers on this tour…. all the advice would help!!!
    thanks

• 30 Aug 2012 Megs7 said

Default_avatar

Hey Hunter, it’s a great trip! You’ll have an amazing time!! Especially if Paddy is your tour manager :) The weather was cold but not ‘my toes are going to fall off under three layers of socks’ cold. A good jacket and you’ll be fine. My advice would be to talk to as many locals as you can! Especially when in their local pub! The scottish and irish are some of the best folk I’ve had the pleasure of meeting :)

• 30 Aug 2012 Hunter9 said

Hunter9

thank you so much, i greatly appreciate this!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion