Community_discussions_small  

Question

Contiki Has Booked us on the Wrong Tour.....

8 May 2011 adon asked

Default_avatar

So my friends and I went to pick up our Contiki Packs from our travel agent last Saturday, as you can imagine we were high on life and super excited...

on the way home in the car i noticed that we were booked on the 15th and not the 5th like we had requested....
We have only ever planned on one contiki and one date, and it has been booked since last october'ish.... there are three people that all booked together...

and now we have meetings/flights/tickets that slot into the travel plans before and after our planned contiki date, and we are stuffed.

has anyone else had this happen and how/what resolved it??????

(PS: it was a European Whirl in June)

• 9 May 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I have never heard of this happening before. I have done 1 contiki and am doing another one in July. Both times when I booked my travel agent gave me an invoice of everything she booked with contiki within a week of booking so I could check it over. I assumed that all travel agents would give you an invoice because it is their job to make sure that they book what you asked for. Has your travel agent contacted contiki? I would say your travel agent would need to work with contiki to try and figure out a solution.

• 9 May 2011 adon said

Default_avatar

They have just officially come back and said that we cant cont on the tour… i have had this planned for around 10 months… am now having to rebook my flights.

• 12 May 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

The question is who made the mistake and did you get an invoice that you had to sign off on? If your travel agent booked the wrong date, then they should be paying for the flight changes. Of course they wont just come up with the money easily.

But for everyone else reading this, when you get documents from your TA or Contiki you should always double and triple check the dates for everything. It’s often an innocent mistake, but they do happen and the sooner it is caught, the easier it is to fix.

• 26 May 2011 EatPrayLove said

EatPrayLove

I got a printout from flight centre with my trip details and date of departure on it… someone has stuffed up big time. Is this something travel insurance would cover?

• 27 May 2011 adon said

Default_avatar

do they over book?
    is this common?

• 27 May 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

I have never heard of them over booking. I would believe that they just book as many people as there are seats on a bus.

Did you figure things out and are you on a new tour?

• 27 May 2011 adon said

Default_avatar

yeah am now, but the new tour misses out Berlin and Prague…

• 27 May 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

I’ve heard of this happening once or twice and it was always a problem with the Travel Agent. Never heard of Contiki overbooking and I’ve been around since 2003.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS check every document you get for dates and make sure everything you asked for is listed – hotels, airfare, insurance, etc. If your TA or Contiki doesn’t give you an itemized invoice at time of booking, ask for one or something that shows the dates and tour they are processing. The bottom line is bookings are made my human beings and mistakes happen, the earlier you catch it the easier it is to fix. I’ve heard of other smaller mistakes too.

As for Travel Insurance, probably would not cover you, but it depends on the insurance. They’ll probably refer you back to the TA or the Tour Company.

• 27 May 2011 Explorer1227791 said

Default_avatar

I am happy to find this post very useful for me, essay help as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing loan reference

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion