Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of Europe: Will we need dress clothes?

10 May 2011 tp_x asked

Default_avatar

My boyfriend and I will be doing the Best of Europe (Paris Start) next month and I was just wondering whether we would need dress clothes for our trip. We plan on doing all of the optionals. One of them seems like it could require dressing up (Moulin Rouge), but I could be wrong. Has anyone been on that tour who can make a recommendation as to whether we would need to pack more than just casual clothes?

Also, this is just a big of a side question. When we booked, there were only options for a twin share room. My boyfriend and I were hoping to have a double room. Is this something that I should call Contiki and request prior to the trip or is it something that is dealt with once we've arrived?

• 11 May 2011 Kelsey said

Kelsey

If you want to go to the Moulin Rouge then you need dress clothes. I was told they don’t let you in if you are wearing casual clothes. Everyone on my tour was dressed up.

If you want a double room I would call contiki and have them add your request to your file and also let the tour manager know when you get on tour. You might not always get a double room but they will try to get one when available.

• 11 May 2011 tp_x said

Default_avatar

Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it :). Were there any other nights when dressing up was necessary?

• 11 May 2011 HAnNah:-) said

Default_avatar

im doing this tour next month too! what date are you guys going??
    Ive packed a few dresses for going out as i;ve read in the forums thats basically what were doing every night..

• 11 May 2011 tp_x said

Default_avatar

Is it really? Okay, good to know! Thanks! I read the descriptions of the different things, but I wasn’t sure if they were casual evening activities or more dressed up affairs.

We’re doing the one that starts in Paris on the 19th! What about you? :)

• 11 May 2011 HAnNah:-) said

Default_avatar

i think the moulin rouge is the more formal event but i;ve got dresses that i can wear casually or dress them up with some jewellery and belts!
    oh were starting in paris on the 5th! i can’t seem to find any one on this tour and there’s hardly any info about it either….

• 12 May 2011 dee-kay said

dee-kay

I’ll be packing heaps of dresses too that I can get away with wearing dressed up at night and down during the day. It’s easier on the suitcase as it’s a whole outfit in one.

• 13 May 2011 tp_x said

Default_avatar

@HAnNah:-)
    Good idea! Casual dresses which can be dressed up is probably the smartest idea. Thanks!
    Yeah, I can’t seem to find much information either… I can’t understand why. Seems like a great tour, but its barely talked about or mentioned. The fact that people only seem to talk about the other tours makes me nervous.

@dee-kay
    Yeah, looks like I will be doing like HAnNah:-) and you both say. I don’t really have multifunctional pieces like that, though… Good excuse to go shopping ;)

• 7 Jul 2011 Jen L said

Jen L

I think people don’t talk about this tour a lot because its the most expensive 14 day tour and probably not a lot of people go on it. But I’m looking forward to it. I’m not the biggest dress person — usually wear dress pants and a button up shirt to work — but I’ll have to go digging in the closet and find some stuff that will work!

• 7 Jul 2011 HAnNah:-) said

Default_avatar

i’ve just come back from my best of europe tour and lots of people went! we had about 45 of us! you go out nearly every night so you do need some stuff to go in although not very dressy! the only time we really dressed up was for the moulin rouge! other wise we just wore whatever when we went out! dont bother about heels i only wore mine to the moulin rouge otherwise i just wore thongs every other night!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion