Community_discussions_small  

Question

European Horizon 02 Jul 2011

11 May 2011 DropKick. asked

DropKick.

Hey all, Just wondering who was going on this trip? I'm travelling alone, Female and Aussie. Would love to chat to some people before going on the tour :)

• 11 May 2011 Dave said

Default_avatar

Hey! Considering a last minute jump on board with this trip but waiting for travel agent to confirm tomorrow : ) Good to know I’m wouldn’t be an outcast doing the trip alone LOL

• 11 May 2011 DropKick. said

DropKick.

Awesome!! Another Aussie! :P Let me know if you do end up going then you can be my contiki friend :) at least ill have one person to talk with haha

• 12 May 2011 Dave said

Default_avatar

Another Aussie indeed! Looks like I’ll be seeing you on the 2nd of July! Its always nice to have a local aussie to chat with in a strange place with strange people HAHA, how exciting as I leave for Europe in like 38 days!!!

• 12 May 2011 DropKick. said

DropKick.

Haha brill! ill be heading over in 27 sleeps doing two tours :) Great Britain and Ireland and then 7 days in london then the Euro Hor. Tour :D SO KEEN 6 week holidays :) woohoo!

Have you travelled before?

• 12 May 2011 Dave said

Default_avatar

Oh nice! Looks like you got a head start on me : ) I’m definitely not going to miss the cold, as you can imagine Melbourne isn’t the nicest around winter but its come early this year and the weathers a shocking 6-13 degrees BLIMEY is all I can say. Yeah I have travelled before but not in this capacity (touring alone)! I’m going to be in London for a few days check out the place and then head up to see Stonehenge for the summer solstice, its the only time the ropes come down so I can take a picture with the rocks. Then I’m heading to Rome to finally see the Collesseum, planning on doing the walk about and seeing Pompeii hopefuly. Then I come back to London, ease about a few days before jumping on the tour YAY to that! Lets just say, I’m worried the travel bug will kick in, but I do hope to head to the US and Canada next year “FINGERS CROSSED

DropKick.

I agree with not missing the cold it was a wonderful minus 4 this morning in the nations capital! Wow that sounds wonderful.. Im hoping to go to New Zealand end of next year! :)

• 12 May 2011 Dave said

Default_avatar

4 this morning, guess you must be from that lovely piece of inland where our wonderful politicians reside in HAHA. Well believe it or not, yet to have gone to ACT, SA and NT … so thats still on my to do list for my own backyard ; )

DropKick.

yeah I need WA, NT and TAS :D

• 12 May 2011 Dave said

Default_avatar

Oh wait, I forgot about TAS :P … its so small, I keep forgetting its part of us LOL So have you met anyone else on this that is going on the July 2nd tour?

DropKick.

LOL! it is small but I think it would be so beautiful, If you head over to SA do the great ocean road drive! AMAZING! and Adelaide is beautiful.

Nah I havent yet im still looking though seeing if anyone has posted anything…

• 12 May 2011 Dave said

Default_avatar

Well I’ve been down the great ocean road, lets just say it was defintely an experience to remember … not the experience most people would often say but I’m sure I’ll tell you all about it over a drink whilst on tour LOL. At least I’ve met you so far, I won’t feel so much the loner :P

• 13 May 2011 DropKick. said

DropKick.

haha I look forward to it! Add me on facebook.. there is a link on my profile :)

• 13 May 2011 Dave said

Default_avatar

You’re gonna laugh, but I actually don’t use facebook … hows that for scary!

• 15 May 2011 DropKick. said

DropKick.

WHAT! Freaaak lol

• 15 May 2011 Dave said

Default_avatar

HAHA, thats super freak to you buddy! WOOHOO, I think I found my ruck sack for Europe today :P

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion