Community_discussions_small  

Comment

european inspiration Budget and ,MONEY,

14 May 2011 Tashi said

Tashi

HI ive sat and worked out a budget espeacially for ,European Inspiration, tour which im doing in aug i figured that with all the extras id want to do and museaums id want to visit in each city and offcourse you need to concider all the meals they provide and budget accordingly heres a rough idea of the budget for this tour from my research hope it helps ! its customised for my taste and ive over budgeted for paris coz i know how mad i am about french perfume and pastrys
even though this is my set budget i plan on taking a 1000 more for the things i really want and the just in cases
is youy want a copy of my spread sheet let me know and enjoy your trip guys !

€ excursion meal to buy ESTIMATED BUDGET
JNB - AMSTERDAM € 50
ARRIVE AMSTERDAM 29 (CANAL CRUISE) L € 50
AMSTERDAM 31 (Volendam rest) L / D € 100
AMSTERDAM TO BERLIN L € 50
BERLIN 9 (Historical TOUR) L / D € 100
BERLIN TO PRAGUE L € 50
PRAGUE 26 (Lunch Cruise) L / D € 100
PRAGUE TO MUNICH L / D € 50
MUNICH L € 100
MUNICH TO VENICE L € 50
VENICE 50 GONDOLA / DINNER L / D € 100
VENICE TO ROME L / D € 50
ROME 33 (Vatican ) L € 100
ROME TO FLORENCE L € 50
FLORENCE 55 DISCO / TUSCAN DINNER L / D € 50
FLORENCE TO LUCERNE L SF 50
LUCERNE ( sf 76 ) mtpil / cruise L/D SF 100
LUCERNE TO PARIS L € 50
PARIS 137 MOULIN ROUGE L/D € 200
PARIS TO JHB L/D € 200
€ 370 € 1,500

• 18 May 2011 Dunny said

Dunny

Hi Tashi,
    I would love a copy of your spreadsheet if possible…my husband and i are doing the inspirations tour in Sept so will have to double teh amounts but it would be great to have a rough idea of the funds we need.
    My e-mail is clare.dunn@corangamite.vic.gov.au
    Many thanks

• 18 May 2011 Mrs_Terzo said

Default_avatar

I would love one too! My husband and I are also doing one is Sept.
    To ne_ne_2505@hotmail.com!
    Thanks so much, saves me doing this!

• 18 May 2011 Mrs_Terzo said

Default_avatar

Thankyou so much Tashi!!! Your awesome!!

• 19 May 2011 Dunny said

Dunny

Thanks Tashi, will be a great starting point for me….just have to remember to double everything as i’m bringing my other half… :)

Mrs Terzo which tour are you heading on…

• 19 May 2011 Mrs_Terzo said

Default_avatar

Ah I am going on the September 26th one! You?

• 19 May 2011 Dunny said

Dunny

we start in london on 24th…are you joining later?…surely it’s the same one… :)

• 19 May 2011 Tashi said

Tashi

hey no problem ladies remember to budget just a little extra to splurge because you going to go crazy in italy on shoes bags and sunglasses
    and chocolate for switzerland

• 19 May 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

Thanks!

• 21 May 2011 Tashi said

Tashi

yes thats exactly how i budgeted hey
    a firnd has told me not to do the meal in amsterdam thou but since its the first nght with the group im might as well im sad that the tour does not go to versailles
    ladies incase you have speacial interests like i do heres a list of the main attractions and thier costs and the opening times its good to plan the free time shead so u dont waste any coz 2 days in these amazing cities time can fly by really fast

Amsterdam
    Van gogh museum
    Museum: daily 10:00 to 18:00, Friday to 22:00
    Admission fees
    Adults: € 14

Rome
    The Colosseum
    Full ticket – €15.50
    9 AM – 7.00 PM
    The Roman Forum
    Buy a combination ticket for the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and Roman Forum at the nearby entrance to the Palatine Hill. The combination ticket is good for two days so you don’t have to get to all three sites in one day.
    The Pantheon
    9 am – 6.30 pm

Vatican (optional tour )
    Saint Peter’s Basilica
    7:00 to 18:00 every day
    Vatican Museums – Musei Vaticani
    8.45am-1.45pm
    full price €18

Paris
    Palace of Versailles
    9:00 -18:00
    closed on mondays
    Louvre
    9-18:00
    €10: full-day access to the Louvre,
    closed on tuesdays

Florence
    Accademia Gallery (Michealangelos David )
    Tuesday-Sunday: 8.15 – 18.50
    Euro 6.50; booking (optional): Euro 3.00;

Piazza Duomo
    10 a.m.-5 p.m. (July-September)
    The admission to the cathedral is free. However, there are fees to visit the dome (€8)

• 28 Jun 2011 BabyAngelHere said

Default_avatar

Can I please have a copy of this spreadsheet… I have sort of done something like this but yours soulds very detailed… I am going on this tour Sept 17… Can not wait…
    angela.vinci85@gmail.com
    Thanks cant wait to get it. :D

• 4 Jul 2011 Jennieva30 said

Jennieva30

Hi Ladies! Could i also have a copy :) i’m going on this tour on October 15th :) my email is greenb54@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

• 20 Jul 2011 Grangies said

Default_avatar

Hey the spreadsheet looks fantastic- can I get a copy too? grangies2@gmail.com Anyone going on 21st Dec 2011?

• 20 Jul 2011 shardee said

Default_avatar

Hey! When are you going in August? I’ll be there on the Aug 5 tour .. I’m so bad I haven’t done any budgeting properly yet.. I basically figured about $1000 (a little less than 700 euro I think) would cover the optionals and I’d take another 1500 euro (approx) to cover food and souveniers. I’m not really planning on splurging on bags and that kind of stuff (though I would LOVE to), but I do want to have enough to get some nice souveniers… If I were a better planner I would have properly saved and budgeted – I would really appreciate a copy of yours and THANK YOU in advance.
    sharda.angl@gmail.com

• 22 Jul 2011 Tashi said

Tashi

sorry girls
    i was so busy
    but i sent it to you now
    enjoy !

• 22 Jul 2011 ilke said

ilke

hi tashi
    I’m doing the european discovery tour in September/October. Please will you send me your spreadsheet aswell?? I’m very bad with money and LOVE spending it, so anything will help :) my email is ilkelarson@gmail.com
    keep well!

• 31 Dec 2011 BabyAngelHere said

Default_avatar

Wear what you feel comfortable in an what the weather is like I went in September an I brang one jumper an a going out jacket as it was pretty cool. The weather is pretty much like Australia. Im from nth qld an the cold was nice some days was 20 deg an italy was hot hot. London was cold then. I’m not a jeans person so I wore leggings an tights an day dresses an brought 2 party dresses. But should brought few more nice going out clothes. I mainly wore singlets an shorts an wore joggers most if the time you do a lot of walking so wear comphy shoes. Some days we walked for 8 hours like berlin an climbing monuments like the arc de triomphe paris was 300 stairs. Some bus trips were 8 hours long so i slept on bus an wore thongs an comphy clothes an a jacket. But once you reached your next destination we did some night tours. Also your tour manager will have day sheets up with times an things to do an what’s planned they will advise you. 

As for the money depends what you want to spend. I allowed an extra  $1000AU for the optional activities mostly everyone did them I recommend you do them they are the extras of the tour you get to see an it’s the experience some were lame but lot of fun as all the group did them. You tour manager will tell you how to pay for them on your 2nd or 3rd day. I brought $3000 for myself an I tell you now the Food you buy yourself an water is not cheap in Europe. Prob spent $1000 on that alone. An $2000 on myself. But I bought lots of gold jewelry in Florence an maxed my credit card. I bought painting in Prague from Charles Bridge which hand painted an exp but worth the $. Also your tour guide tell you where to buy an what to look out for. 

I basically set 100 euros a day for my trip cause the dollar is crap it’s bout 150au per day. I always said to myself I wouldn’t covert my euros to au when I bought things so I didn’t feel guilty about buying things if they were exp. an dont hesitate cause you really only get one full day in each city an you can’t return to buy it once you leave. Lol after a few days you learnt to not care an spend euros.  Lol  

It was a great trip an saw lots of Europe in the 19 days. I basically felt spending 2 days in each country was enough an I saw all the main monuments I loved it. It’s basically an overview of the main sites in each country. 

The food is not the best but some places was really nice an they honestly don’t eat much Vegies awe how I missed Vegies… An nutella every where… The hotels were lovely but remember their 4 star is our 3/2 star so don’t expect much they were clean an some brand new. Your only there to sleep and spend most of the day out exploring. 

Have a great time I miss Europe an my
    New friends already. Europe is easy going an be very paitent as they are. Hope this helps. Every day was a new adventure. 

• 8 Jan 2012 Chris said

Chris

can i get a copy of the spreadsheet? I’m doing this tour in april – I’ve given myself $4k aud – for activities and spending money do you think thats enough? chrismager22@gmail.com

• 7 Feb 2012 Ashley said

Ashley

Can I have the spreadsheet too, please! I plan on going this April.

• 8 Apr 2012 Kiwi_Jess said

Kiwi_Jess

can i have a copy of the spreadsheet too please!! jess_symes_86@hotmail.com

• 31 Jul 2012 Uten said

Uten

Can I have a copy too please?

Dieuten@gmail.com

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.