Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone doing the Asian Adventure 24th July 2011?

17 May 2011 JJenkins asked

JJenkins

Just looking to see who else is doing this trip and if they are as pumped as i am about travelling Asia.

• 23 May 2011 Explorer1253941 said

Default_avatar

Hi man yeah i’m going then, cant wait will be awesome!! When you arriving in Bankok?

• 24 May 2011 JJenkins said

JJenkins

Dont arrive in Bangkok til 10.30pm on the Sunday night of the 24th, went ahead and booked it without thinking about trying a day earlier. Only flight from Perth to Bangkok available that day aswel.

How about yourself?

• 26 May 2011 Explorer1253941 said

Default_avatar

I’ve got a flight to arrive there on the 22nd so i can bum around for a couple of days there, ah gutted i nearly did the same aswell!

• 29 May 2011 JJenkins said

JJenkins

Haha well you thought ahead mate, ive got an extra night in Bangkok on my return day, flight to Perth isnt until 7am the next day so i guess thatll make up for it.

Just got my needle jabs for the trip done out of the way, don’t have cost you a bit.

Less than 2months now, really cant wait to have this vacation.

• 2 Jun 2011 JJenkins said

JJenkins

Seems we are the only people going on this trip as i havent seen anyone write on here and no one else asked whos going.
    Where you flying from to get to Bangkok mate?

• 9 Jun 2011 Explorer1253941 said

Default_avatar

Hi man, Yeah i know looks like no one is usuing this, Yeah i had my injections yesterday too, glad to get it over and done with! I’m from Wales so i’m flying from London. How you planning on getting from siem reap to Bankok?

• 9 Jun 2011 JJenkins said

JJenkins

Haha you wouldnt believe it mate but im from Wales aswel. Moved to Australia 5years ago.
    Whereabouts you from?

Yeah we do seem to be the only ones using this thing. Ive got a flight booked from Siem Riep to Bangkok on the last day at abut 3.45pm, but my flight back to Perth isnt until 7am the next day so was going to spend the day going around Bangkok and then probably back to the airport.

How about you?

• 12 Jun 2011 Laura said

Default_avatar

Hey I’m from Perth as well I’m going on this trip too but it must be the one after you, we leave on 10th July :( awwww!

• 13 Jun 2011 Explorer1253941 said

Default_avatar

Oh awesome man, i’m from fishguard in pembrokeshire. Ah I just went form the cheapest flight date which was the 11th from bangkok, so’ll just bum around for a few days and make my way back to bangkok…… Do you know if we need a visa for entering thailand twice?

• 14 Jun 2011 JJenkins said

JJenkins

Ah right, I was born and raised in Aberdare in RCT.
    Not sure about that on the visa front, will send contiki and see what they have to say. Are you fettig visas sorted for Laos and Cambodia of just going to do it at the borders when you get there?
    I wish I could of just chilled out in cambodia mate but got to get back to work on the Monday so no chance for me there. But got an extra night in Thailand on way back so need to figure out what I can do for 13hrs while in there.

• 15 Jun 2011 Explorer1124335 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys I’m from Canada and super stoked about this trip. Haven’t finalized my flights yet etc. but I will be there at some point for this trip.

• 15 Jun 2011 Explorer1124335 said

Default_avatar

I will be travelling with another girl. Do you guys have facebook?

• 17 Jun 2011 Explorer1253941 said

Default_avatar

Ah no worries on the visa front it’s all sorted, i’m just buying them at the boarders. Ah there’ll be loads to do bangkok! Hey there Canadian person, yup search for Angus Clemence should be the only one there.

• 17 Jun 2011 Explorer1254818 said

Default_avatar

I’ll be on the trip as well with a buddy of mine. Going to be sweet. We’re both from NYC.

• 29 Jun 2011 Valentine said

Default_avatar

Hi guys!
    I’m also doing this trip!!! 3 weeks from now on, so excited!!
    By the way, I’m Valentine, 26, from Belgium.
    Do you guys have Facebook? We should maybe create a group or something….
    See you soon then!!!

• 29 Jun 2011 Explorer1254818 said

Default_avatar

Valentine-
    I’ve created a facebook group. So far there’s only 2 of us but let’s build it up

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?cropsuccess&id=829924#!/home.php?sk=group_133424986737558&ap=1

• 30 Jun 2011 Valentine said

Default_avatar

I just joined!! So now it’s the three of us then ;-)

• 15 Jul 2011 Explorer1268056 said

Default_avatar

Hello everyone. I’m from the San Francisco area and looking forward to meeting all… I’m sure I can hopefully post on the fb thing, but anyone going early and staying longer to travel in Asia, like me? -Natalie

• 20 Jul 2011 Explorer1269399 said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys! My name is Kevin and I am a Canadian from Ottawa. I will also be on this trip with a friend of mine. Can’t wait to meet you all!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion