Community_discussions_small  

Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.

Comment

Camera equipment & bags

7 Oct 2007 said

Default_avatar
Anyone know of any good companies that make slingback or messenger bags that are slashproof and comfy?<BR><BR>I refused to leave camera, other valuables in the hotel room.<BR><BR>Should I worry about leaving stuff like that in a hotel room even if it's in a safe?
  • Read the responses 10 responses so far
  • 7 Oct 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

Check out Pacsafe.
    They have a range of bags and some camera straps and ‘bag inserts’.
    Hope that helps.

• 7 Oct 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

ahsleightara hit the nail on the head. They make an awesome camera strap and have some good back packs. Also check out a local good camera store there are tons of backpack camera cases to choose from. I saw many good ones at Ritz/Wolf Cameras but they were pricy. I have the pacsafe 200, sling safe 50 and the portable safe as well as the camera strap. They make a good product. REI online also has some pacsafe products. And ships within 2-3 days.

• 7 Oct 2007 said

Default_avatar

thanks Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Do you find that the Pacsafe 200 can fit a large camera?

• 8 Oct 2007 timtam said

Default_avatar

Does anyone know somewhere in Australia to buy the pacsafe products?

• 8 Oct 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

It depends on how large the camera is I have a canon reble digital slr xti and it fit just fine. It does hold alot. With extra room. I think the city safe 200 is the best way to go has a spot for a water bottle on the side too.

• 8 Oct 2007 said

Default_avatar

great thanks Melanie!

does the strap of the 200 hurt your shoulders….my concern was going out at night…does the bag get in the way of dancing? lol

• 8 Oct 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

I don’t know I took my small camera and left the huge bag and huge camera in the safe in the hotel room. I took the small slingsafe50 out at night. No the straps never hurt my shoulders but i’m also kind of use to it.

• 16 Oct 2007 Laurenic said

Default_avatar
    www.travelsafe.com.au

stocks all of the Pacsafe stuff and is free delivery!! That’s where I bought my shoulder bag it’s slashproof, tamer proof etc…

• 16 Oct 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

Laurenic – that link doesn’t work

For Aussies, check out http://www.gogogear.com.au/ just do a product search by brand (Pacsafe) to see all their stock.

• 18 Jan 2008 nazza1 said

Default_avatar

In perth i went to the city and found pacsafe stuff just in teh normal travel shops and stuff liek that…. they mite even hav them in myer

quote:
    Originally posted by timtam:
    Does anyone know somewhere in Australia to buy the pacsafe products?

• 24 Jan 2008 Ringles said

Default_avatar

Hi, if you’re not opposed to having a larger backpack to cart around – I bought the Naneu Pro K3L backpack yesterday as am planning a trip thru Europe at the end of this year or thru next year – it has heaps and heaps of compartments, it’s really comfy to wear and has chest and waist straps, a waterbottle holder on the waist strap and a compartment at the bottom big enough to fit my canon 400D with 18-55 attached and my 50mm and 75-300mm lenses as well as possibly a speedlite.

Has anyone else taken a backpack like this over?? Is it the best option for those with DSLR’s??

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.

More Discussions