Community_discussions_small  

Question

Organise through a agent or through contiki?

19 May 2011 Explorer1250216 asked

Default_avatar

Booking TourIm thinking about doing a USA tour in September and would like to know is it easier to organise through a travel agent or through contiki directly? I feel like im going to be ripped off by an agent and if i do it myself i'll know exactly what going on, any opinions would be great

• 19 May 2011 Lindsey said

Default_avatar

I booked my Europe tour through the Contiki website. It’s really simple and straightforward. I did book my flights through a travel agent, but only because they could get a better deal and better connections than I could get online.

• 19 May 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

Generally you’ll pay the same amount for the tour either way you book. Just make sure your TA isn’t charging you a booking fee. It’s easy enough to check the exact price of the tour on contiki’s website. The advantage with a TA is that if there is an issue you can call them and have them take care of it.

• 19 May 2011 MrBro said

Default_avatar

I was able to save 10% through an agent vs. the price advertised on the Contiki website. It doesn’t hurt getting a quote through a couple agents as they usually do have more wiggly room on the price. You just have to be willing to ask for it.

• 19 May 2011 Elena said

Elena

Yeah, like MrBro, I got a cheaper price for my contiki tour thanks to my tour agent than it was listed online! xD My ticket prices were exactly the same as on expedia.ca though. I didn’t mind much, as the agent helped me find better flight times to make sure that I would arrive in time! :)

• 19 May 2011 Explorer1250216 said

Default_avatar

thanks for the answers guys, i think i might go with an agent like cdm115 said if there is a prob they can fix it without me worrying to much :)

• 20 May 2011 Ky1987 said

Ky1987

What tour are you looking at doing in september?

• 20 May 2011 Explorer1250216 said

Default_avatar

Best of USA starting LA on the 9th with a friend nothings been confirmed yet but hopefully all goes to plan

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.